Running on the lines of iPhone X, Asus Zenfone 5Z also supports a notch and has a 6.2 inches FHD Display. Powered by Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor, the device is packed with 4 GB of RAM and a 64 GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to a whooping 2 TB through a micro SD Card. Running on Android 8.0, the device has 12 MP rear camera and an 8 MP front camera for your crazy selfies. But, wait! We are not here to talk about the features of the device. In this guide we will share the steps to root and install TWRP Recovery on your Asus Zenfone 5Z.
Root Asus Zenfone 5Z | Prerequisites
Following are certain initial steps that you must take care of before commencing the rooting process:
- Bootloader of your Asus Zenfone 5Z must be unlocked. If your device’s bootloader isn’t unlocked then you can follow the below-mentioned process for the same.
- As a first please downloaded the bootloader unlock application for Zenfone 5Z Model Number ZS620KL.
- Once you click on the provided links a web page will open up from where you need to select your operating system as Android.
- Utilities section will come up where the application Unlock Device APP will be visible. Click on ‘Download’ to get the app.
- Please move the setup file of the application to your device and install the same.
- Launch the application and by following the simple instructions provided in the application, you will be able to unlock the bootloader of your Asus Zenfone 5Z.
- Latest USB Drivers must be installed on your PC.
- Install ADB & Fastboot on your PC and take a complete backup of your device.
- The battery level of your device must be at least 75%.
Install TWRP Recovery Asus Zenfone 5Z [STEPS]
- Make your way to the folder where ADB & Fastboot are installed. Shift + Right click there and select the option ‘Open Power Shell Window Here’ to get a command window opened pointing from the folder.
- Download the TWRP Recovery for the device from here.
- Shut down your device and for switching on hold Power Key + Volume Down key to boot your device into fastboot mode.
- Following command will install TWRP Recovery temporarily:
fastboot flash boot recovery.img
- Following command will install TWRP Recovery permanently:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Great! Simply reboot your device thereafter using the following command:
- That’s it! TWRP Recovery has successfully been installed on your Asus Zenfone 5Z.
Check out this complete guide on Install TWRP & Root Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1.
Root Asus Zenfone 5Z [STEPS]
- You can use either Super SU or the latest Magisk application to root your device.
- Reboot your device into recovery mode. Once the TWRP main menu comes up, please use the Wipe option to clear data from your device.
- Post clearance of the data please tap on Install and select the relevant rooting file. Swipe to confirm flash. Please note that you can use either of Super SU or Magisk to root the device. However, don’t flash install both of them.
- Post successful installation of the rooting file tap on Reboot System from the bottom of the screen or simply use the option Reboot -> System from the TWRP main menu.
- That’s it! You have successfully rooted your device.
Root & Install Custom Recovery TWRP on Asus Zenfone 5Z
So, these were the steps through which you can root Asus Zenfone 5Z and install TWRP on it. In case of any doubts or questions please put down the same in comments section below.
You might like to read the following posts:
- Root and Install TWRP on Moto G6 [Working Tutorial].
- Download & Install Resurrection Remix ROM on Galaxy S9/S9 Plus.