Download Android 11 for OnePlus 8 & OnePlus 8 Pro
Just released by Google, the Android 11 public build for the Pixel series, since Android is an open-source operating system, is available to all mobile manufacturers who utilize Android as the operating system in their devices. With the aid and assistance of these Android 11 builds manufacturers and developers create the Android OS specific to the mobile devices they manufacture. The latest to be revealed is Oxygen OS 11 for OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro. In this post, we will have a look on the steps to download Oxygen OS 11, based on Android 11, for OnePlus 8/ 8 Pro.
With the latest OnePlus 8/8 Pro Android 11 Beta update, you get Oxygen OS 11 (based on Android 11), June 2020 security patch level, and all the Android 11 elements viz advanced app permissions, Bubbles API, speech balloon bubbles, new camera features, and more. You can check out the detailed list of features from here.
Android 11 for OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro | Known Issues
Please note that since this is the initial build of Oxygen OS 11 based on Android 11, it comes with its own fair share of issues. For your convenience, we have listed the same below as pointed out by the manufacturer itself.
- When you will flash the build, entire data will get cleared.
- There’s no face unlock present.
- “OK Google” – the Google Assistant doesn’t work.
- Video Calling isn’t working.
- A good number of UI screens might not look good from appearance point of view.
- You might get to experience cases of apps not functioning as expected.
- Issues regarding system stability.
After having a look at the known issues, if you still wish to apply Android 11 on OnePlus 8/8 Pro mobile device, please continue reading ahead.
Check out how to Enable 960 FPS Slow-Mo & Macro Mode on OnePlus 7 Pro.
Oxygen OS 11 [Android 11] for OnePlus 8/8 Pro [Download Links]
Following are the links to download the Android 11 beta builds for OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro devices. Please note that these OTA updates are close to 2.50 GB in size.
Download Links for OnePlus 8:
Download links for OnePlus 8 Pro:
For convenience, we have offered rollback packages as well:
Install Android 11 on OnePlus 8 Series [STEPS]
- Download the ZIP file, based on your device, from the above given links.
- Transfer the ROM to the phone storage.
- Make your way to Settings > System > System Updates > Click top right icon > Local upgrade > Click on the corresponding installation package > Upgrade.
- You have to ensure that System Upgrade completes to 100%.
- Once the upgrade is over, just tap on Restart.
Conclusion – Android 11 on Oneplus 8 and Oneplus 8 Pro
These were the simple steps through which you can get the latest OxygenOS 11 [Android 11] beta build on OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 pro devices. If you happen to face any issues while installing the update on your device, let us know in the comments section provided below. We will also love to hear about your experience using Android 11 on your mobile device.
Check out the following interesting posts as well:
- Download Google Camera 7.3 APK on OnePlus 7/ OnePlus 7 Pro.
- How To Unbrick OnePlus 7T with MSM Tool.