If we talk about customization, mods and custom ROMs then Android is the most loved operating system as the OS provides enough leverage to modify the stock ROM in accordance with our desires. There are tons of feature-rich custom ROMs present for the Android operating system which enables the user to unlock the true potential of their device’s OS. In this guide we are going to talk about one such custom ROM, Resurrection Remix Oreo (Android 8.1) for Samsung Galaxy S9 & S9 Plus.
Both S9 & S9 Plus are launched by Samsung in Feb 2018 and immediately post release the devices took over the entire Android smartphone market and emerged as winners. Coming with a 5.80 and 6.20 inches touch screen display & 4 GB and 8 GB of RAM respectively, both Galaxy S9 & Galaxy S9 Plus are providing a great deal of competition to their counterparts.
Resurrection Remix Oreo [Android 8.1] for Samsung Galaxy S9 / S9 Plus
- Talking about the Resurrection ROM, true to its name, you get outstanding performance from your device post installing this custom ROM. Moreover, it also enhances the battery life of your Galaxy S9/S9+ device.
- Every Samsung App will get removed from your device and in it place Android apps will be installed. Hence, if you are a fond user of Samsung Pay then you might not consider installing this ROM. Although, you can use Google Pay in its place.
- As of now, this ROM provides the S9 and S9+ with the fastest software ever, significantly enhancing the raw power of your Samsung smartphone.
Following are certain prerequisites that you need to take care of before initiating the process of installation of the custom ROM.
- You need to make sure that bootloader of your S9/S9+ is unlocked and your device has a custom recovery installed. If not then you can follow our guide to Unlock bootloader and Install TWRP and root your S9/S9+ device.
- For unlocking bootloader you need to have ADB & Fastboot tools installed on your PC. Once installed please navigate to the folder where ADB & Fastboot are installed and using Shift + Right Click launch a command window in the folder. Connect your device to your PC and use the command adb reboot bootloaderto reboot it into bootloader mode. Thereafter using the command fastboot oem unlock you can get the bootloader unlocked. Please use fastboot reboot to restart your device thereafter.
- Your device battery level must be at least 70-75%.
- Also, before going ahead please take a backup of all your necessary data.
Once you have taken care of the above prerequisites you can initiate the installation of the Resurrection Remix Oreo on your S9/S9 Plus. Please note that if you happen to damage your device in the process of following the steps, we cannot be held responsible for the same. Hence, proceed only if you have complete knowledge as to what exactly you are doing.
Proceed with the following necessary downloads:
Install Resurrection Remix (Oreo 8.1) Custom ROM on Galaxy S9/ S9+ [STEPS]
- Your device must be rooted and a TWRP recovery must be present. We hope that you got this clear post going through the prerequisites section.
- Once you have downloaded the list of files provided above; you need to transfer the same to the internal storage of your device.
- Reboot your device into TWRP Custom Recovery by pressing Power and Volume Down button together. We are reiterating our statement of taking a complete backup of your essential data before proceeding with the steps.
- Utilizing the option of ‘Wipe’ from the TWRP recovery perform a swipe to wipe so as to clear the stage for the installation of the custom ROM.
- Tap on the option of ‘Install‘ and browse and select the downloaded ROM. Swipe to confirm flash. You need to follow the same step for flashing GApps and thereafter Magisk. Please note that flashing of Magisk is optional and is only required if you want root on your resurrection remix ROM.
- In case you are facing any issues in the installation of custom ROM, please follow our guide on Installing Custom ROMS on Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+.
- Post successful completion of the flashing process, reboot your device and you are done. You will be greeted by the Resurrection Remix OS.
Conclusion: Download Resurrection Remix Android Oreo for Galaxy S9/ S9 Plus
So, these were the steps through which you can install Resurrection Remix Oreo custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S9 / S9 Plus. In case you have any doubts please feel free to put them down in the comments section below. We will love to answer your questions.
You might like to read these posts:
- Force Permanent Immersive Mode on Samsung Galaxy S9 &S9+.
- Edit APN Settings & Enable Native Hotspot in Samsung Galaxy S9.