Every Android user is tempted to install a custom ROM in his/her smartphone nowadays. This maybe because of the unique customization features offered by Custom ROMs or to enhance and amplify the performance of the smartphone. Custom ROMs are open source and anybody can add and remove features according to the requirements of the users. One of the most popular custom ROMs is Lineage OS which is supported by the Android Open Source Project. In this post we are going to share with you the steps to install Lineage OS 15.1 on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 based on Android 8.1 Oreo.
Talking about Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 the phone is a mid-range monster. The phone sports a 5.99 inches full screen display with a resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels. Been powered by an Octa-Core processor coupled with 3 GB of RAM you have enough speed and strength in your hands with this fantastic smartphone. Asus Zenfone runs out-of-the-box Android Oreo 8.1. Please note that the Lineage OS 15.1 ROM provided in this guide is an unofficial version. Although no bugs or errors have been reported so far by the users, it is recommended to take a complete backup of your precious data before going ahead with the installation.
Requirements for Installing Lineage OS on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1
- Don’t use the same file on other devices as the custom ROM provided here is exclusive for Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1.
- Keep the charging level of your device at least up to 70%.
- It is a must that you have TWRP custom recovery installed on your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1. You can check out our guide here for the Steps to install TWRP on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 .
- As mentioned above, taking a complete backup of your device is a must before proceeding ahead.
- A PC/Laptop along with a USB Cable is a must. Moreover, you are required to download and Install Universal Android USB Drivers.
- Please download the following files and transfer the same in the root location of your Asus Zenfone Max Pro’s internal memory.
Now, let us dig in the steps to install Lineage OS 15.1 Custom ROM on your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 smartphone.
Install Lineage OS 15.1 on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 [STEPS]
- If you still haven’t taken a complete backup of essential data from your device please do so before proceeding ahead.
- As a first you need to boot your Asus device into recovery mode. Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button simultaneously for the process. From the TWRP menu tap on Wipe and under Advanced Wipe select Dalvik/ART Cache, System, Data as well as Cache and Swipe to Wipe to delete everything from your device.
- Once the wipe process is over select the option of Install from TWRP menu and navigate to your smartphone’s internal storage where the Lineage OS and GApps files are present.
- Select the Lineage OS ROM file. Thereafter tap on ‘Add More ZIPs‘ option and select the GApps file as well.
- Great! Now just swipe to confirm flash. The ROM installation process will start and will take a few minutes to complete.
- Once the flashing process is over using the Reboot option provided at the bottom restart your device to finish the process.
Lineage OS 15.1 (Android 8.1 Unofficial) for Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1
Please note that Lineage OS 15.1 doesn’t roots your device. You can check out the guide to unlock bootloader and root Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1.
These were the simple steps through which you can install Lineage OS 15.1 Custom ROM on your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1.
Please go through the following interesting posts as well:
- Download Best Custom ROMs for OnePlus 5 [Stable Oreo].
- Best Custom ROMs for Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 [Complete Guide].