If you have ever installed Stock Firmware on your old Huawei & Honor Phones you must be familiar that the method of installing Stock ROM on Huawei/Honor devices completely varies from Pixel, OnePlus and other smartphones. In prior versions we can easily install the stock ROM via dload method, however, the same is not true for the recent versions of Huawei/Honor as the method doesn’t work on some devices and hence, we require following the TWRP approach for it. In this guide we are going to share both dload as well as TWRP method to install stock firmware on Huawei & Honor Phones.
Want to install the Huawei P20 Pro Camera App on your Honor Device? Check our guide to know how to do it.
Please note that under the TWRP method there are two ways to install the stock firmware on your Huawei/Honor phone. The first one involves simply flashing the ROM file via TWRP Recovery and the second one involves flashing files via HuRUpdater (Huawei Recovery Updater) which is a tool shared by XDA Member zxz0O0 and is utilized for installing stock firmware.
- 1 Install Stock Firmware on Huawei/Honor Smartphones | Prerequisites
- 2 Install Stock Firmware on Huawei/Honor Smartphones [STEPS]
Install Stock Firmware on Huawei/Honor Smartphones | Prerequisites
- Installation of stock firmware will erase entire data from your device and hence, you require taking a complete backup of all the essential data that you have.
- Please make sure that your Huawei/Honor device has at least 70-80% charge in it.
- You require unlocking the bootloader of your Huawei/Honor device as well as install TWRP, on the devices, as well. Check our guides provided below to get to know the steps for the same.
Once you are done with the prerequisites proceed ahead to know the steps to install stock firmware on Huawei/Honor smartphones.
Install Stock Firmware on Huawei/Honor Smartphones [STEPS]
Method 1 – Install Stock Firmware via HuRUpdater
- As a first, you require downloading the HuRUpdater Tool and the Firmware Files.
- Next, put the downloaded files that you have to flash in a different folder on your SD Card and rename “update_data_full_public.zip” file to update_data_public.zip and the second data file “update_full_XXX_hw_eu.zip” to update_all_hw.zip. Please note that the names must match.
- update.zip (use Full OTA file)
- Next, you require keeping HuRUpdater ZIP file in the same folder.
- Shut down your device and boot it into recovery mode.
- While choosing the file to flash in the recovery mode please select only the HuRUpdater ZIP file.
- Flashing may happen for several times and you are done.
Method 2 – Install Stock Firmware via TWRP
- Since you have already unlocked your device’s bootloader and installed TWRP Recovery you can skip this step and simply move to the step of downloading the firmware files and saving them on your device.
- Shut down your device and boot it into TWRP Recovery Mode.
- First you require flashing the update.zip file. Once flashing process for the same is done, don’t reboot your device yet and move to the next step.
- Next, flash the update_all_hw.zip file and later update_data_public.zip file.
- Once you are done flashing the three ZIP file, please reboot your device and you are done.
Now you can install EMUI 9 (Android 9.0) on your Huawei/Honor devices. Check our guide to know how to do it.
Method 3 – Install Stock ROM using dload
- Please note that this method is for older versions of Huawei/Honor phones which run on Stock Recovery and won’t work on the latest Android versions.
- First, download the stock ROM ZIP file and extract its contents.
- Now, create a folder dload in the root location of your device’s SD Card and you require placing the update.app file in that folder.
- Now dial *#*#2846579#*#* from your phone dial screen in order to launch a hidden menu.
- Navigate to Project Menu -> Software Upgrade -> SD Card Upgrade.
- Select and run the update. Please wait for the installation process to get over and reboot your phone.
- That’s it! You are done.
Download Stock Firmware for Huawei/Honor Devices – Final Words
So, these were the three methods through which you can install stock firmware on your Huawei/Honor devices. If you have got any confusion in any of the above-provided methods please put down your queries in the comments section provided below. Also, if you are facing issues in any of the methods provided above, utilize the comments section to put down your issues as well.
Check out the following interesting posts:
- How-To Root Huawei P20 Lite Using Magisk (ANE – LX1).
- Install Lineage OS 15.1 on Huawei P20 Pro [Android Oreo 8.1] [Guide].