If you are a Huawei or an Honor smartphone user then you must know about the term EMUI which is the custom skin built over Android OS utilized by Huawei and Honor in their smartphones. A considerable difference between EMUI and stock Android experience is that EMUI comes with a lot of bloatware which occupies a considerable part of your device’s storage. Along with storage issue, a significant number of these bloatware applications run in the background slowing down your smartphone. In this post, we are going to share with you the steps to debloat your Huawei or Honor phone by uninstalling the system applications.
The fantastic thing about the steps provided in this post is that you do not require rooting your Huawei or Honor smartphone in order to proceed. However, before you proceed further, please take note of the following prerequisites.
- First and foremost, please take a complete backup of your device.
- Make sure that you have the necessary USB Drivers installed on your PC.
- Make sure that you have ADB & Fastboot installed on your PC.
- Please enable USB Debugging in Developer Options.
How To Debloat Huawei/Honor Phone [STEPS]
- As a first, you require being in possession of the package names of the system applications that you wish to uninstall. You can head to Google Play Store and take the help of UBQSoft application that can assist you to get all the package names of the system applications that you wish to remove.
- Establish a connection between your phone and the PC via USB Cable. Make sure you select the MTP File Transfer option.
- Please navigate to the folder, on your PC, where you have installed ADB and Fastboot. Press Shift+Right Click and select the option of ‘Open Power Shell Window Here‘ from the pop-up menu.
- Execute the command adb devices to check whether your device is detected by your PC or not. You will get the serial number of your device on the screen if a connection is successfully established.
- Next, please type and execute the following command:
- In order to remove a particular system application, you require typing and executing the following command:
pm uninstall –k —user 0 <****>
- In this command, as you might have guessed, you require replacing the **** with the name of the package of the application you wish to remove. Post successful removal, you will get a confirmation message.
You can follow the same steps for all the system applications that you wish to remove.
Debloat Your Huawei or Honor Phone by Uninstalling System Apps
A question which might have come in your mind is that which system applications you can remove safely without causing any problem to the performance of your device. You can check the entire list of applications and packages that come bundled with Huawei/Honor phone from here. In this list, the apps and packages that can be safely removed are marked. That’s it! You have successfully freed your Huawei/Honor phone from the unnecessary bloatware or system applications. Please let us know in the comments section about your experience of using the steps mentioned above in the post. In case, you face any issues, please let us know about the same as well.
Please check the following interesting posts as well:
- Install Huawei P20 Pro Camera App On Any Honor Device.
- Download & Install EMUI 9 (Android 9.0) on Huawei / Honor Devices.