Huawei can be easily titled as the rapidly evolving and growing smartphone brand in the world. Huawei smartphones have all the specs, in a much lesser price, that a luxury smartphone brand incorporates in their devices. Among the recently launched Huawei smartphones, there are Huawei P9 Lite, Huawei Nova 2 which are extremely impressive and have made their mark in the global population. Speaking about global population, let us first talk about China. China places huge restrictions on the usage of certain applications within their boundaries on the Chinese smartphones irrespective of the manufacturer. One of these unfortunate applications is the Google Play Store App.
The camera of Huawei P20 Pro is, indeed, impressive. Now, you can install the same on your Honor devices as well. Check out the steps here.
Google Play Store App is not present in Android smartphones that are sold in China. Instead, Huawei has a region-specific app store that caters to the Chinese population. Hence, people who are used to work with Google Apps and Play Store services find it extremely difficult to manage without them. However, Android OS has a solution for everything. In this guide, we are going to share with you the steps to download and install Google Play Store App on Huawei Chinese smartphones.
Install Google Play Store on Huawei Chinese Smartphones [Methods]
For your convenience, we have mentioned various methods below and utilizing any one of these you can install Google Play Store and associated Google applications on your Huawei Chinese smartphone.
Method 1: Use Google Installer
- Google Installer consists of Google Play Services as well as ‘contact-sync’ which are pretty essential to install Play Store on a smartphone.
- You can download Google Installer from any 3rd party website by performing a simple Google search for the same.
- However, before you proceed with the installation, make sure that you have toggled on the option of ‘Unknown Sources‘ from Setting -> Security of your Huawei device.
- Now, you can proceed with the installation of Google Installer.
- When the installation gets over, you can utilize Google Installer to install Play Store on your Huawei Chinese phone.
- Please download Google Play Store APK from here.
- Launch Google Installer and click on the blue circle.
- Next, tap on the Yellow Circle and you will be asked to install the Google Services Framework.
- Tap on ‘Install‘ and hit OK.
- Now, click on the Red Circle and accept the terms and conditions and locate the Play Store APK from the internal memory of your smartphone.
- Tap on the APK and it will get installed on your Huawei Chinese smartphone.
Now you can download and install EMUI 9 on Huawei/Honor device. Check out the steps from here.
Method 2: Use GMS Installer
- Please note that if the above method of Google Installer doesn’t work then you might have received an error stating to install Core GMS Packages. This error means that your device is locked internally at the root level.
- Hence, first install GMS Installer from here.
- Please note that you require turning on ‘Unknown Sources‘ in Settings -> Security before proceeding with the installation.
- Post installing the GMS Installer, please try installing Google Play Store again from the Google Installer and this time you, indeed, will be successful in your attempt.
Please note that you can, indeed, download and install Play Store directly by installing its APK from third party sources. However, considering the restrictions placed on the same, it will be removed, immediately, by the developers. Hence, you require following the above two methods itself if you wish to install Google Play Store App on your Huawei Chinese smartphone. Alternatively, you can also try installing the GApps bundle under the hood of a VPN Service.
Advanced Android Users can root their Huawei P20 Lite using Magisk – Check out our guide for the steps.
Install Google Play Store App & Google Services for Huawei Chinese Smartphones
So, these were the methods through which you can install Google Play Store Application on your Huawei Chinese Smartphone. In case you are facing any issues in the above-provided methods please let us know about the same via the comments section provided below. We will help you out in resolving the issue on priority basis.
Check out the following interesting posts as well: