OnePlus 6, since the day it was launched, is garnering a tremendous amount of positive response. Good news for the OnePlus 6 users is that the company has rolled out OxygenOS 5.1.8, which apart from having OxygenOS 5.1.7 features, also boasts of improved call quality and better system as well as network stability. The update is being rolled out Over-the-Air (OTA) and if you haven’t received the Update notification yet; you can either wait or update to the latest Oxygen OS 5.1.8 manually using the methods shared in this guide. However, before you proceed with the method there are certain things that you must keep in mind.
OnePlus 6 OxygenOS 5.1.8 Manual Update – Things to Remember
- The process shared in this guide is only meant for OnePlus 6; hence mustn’t be attempted on some other device.
- You are responsible for following the steps, as and how they are mentioned. Failing to adhere to instructions may brick your device. We cannot be held responsible for that.
- Taking a complete backup of your device is recommended.
- 60-70% of battery power must be present in your OnePlus 6 before continuing.
Install OxygenOS 5.1.8 Update Manually on OnePlus 6 [STEPS]
- As a first, please download the OxygenOS 5.1.8 Full ROM from here.
- Navigate to ‘About Phone’ in ‘Settings’ and tap on ‘Build Number’ about 6-7 times to activate Developer Options. Inside ‘Developer Options’ please toggle on ‘USB Debugging.’
- Make sure that ADB & Fastboot is installed on your system.
- Transfer the copy of the latest OxygenOS which you downloaded in the first step to the installation folder of ADB & Fastboot.
- Switch off your device and press and hold the Volume Down + Power button to boot into recovery mode.
- From the options please select ‘Install from ADB sideload.’
- Establish a connection between your system and the device via USB.
- Thereafter, open a command window in the ADB folder by pressing Shift + Right Click and choosing the option ‘Open Command Window Here‘ from the pop-up menu that appears.
- Enter the command adb devices to confirm a successful connection.
- Next, type in the following command to flash the Oxygen OS 5.1.8 on your device. Please replace the File_Name with the name of the ZIP file.
adb sideload File_Name.zip
- Once the process is over, simply reboot the device and you’re done.
- Save the downloaded ZIP file to the internal memory of your OnePlus 6 device.
- Navigate to Settings -> System Updates and from there choose Local Upgrade and thereafter select the downloaded OTA file.
- Tap on ‘Install Now.’
- Your device will automatically reboot and flash the OTA file now.
- Once the process is over; your device will reboot and you are done.
Download OxygenOS 5.1.8 for OnePlus 6 | Latest OxygenOS for OnePlus 6
So, these were the simple steps to upgrade your OnePlus 6 to the latest OxygenOS 5.1.8. For any doubts or questions please use the comments section provided below.
Also check the following posts:
- Download Nokia 8 Camera with Pro Camera Mode for Android Devices.
- Unroot OnePlus 6 Using Stock Firmware & TWRP.