It may happen that post rooting your OnePlus 6 smartphone you are facing a lot many issues with your device. The hard part is the lack of knowledge to fix those issues. Hence, the best option for you is to unroot your OnePlus 6 smartphone and flash latest Oxygen OS stock ROM on it. Good news is that you are at the right place to know the exact steps to do the same. In this guide, we will be sharing with you the step-by-step procedure to unroot your OnePlus 6 device using Stock Firmware & TWRP Custom Recovery.
We can understand that being already facing a lot of issues with your rooted OnePlus 6 you might be in a state of confusion whether to go ahead with the procedure to unroot your device or not. However, let me assure you that the methods highlighted in this post is one of the safest to unroot your OnePlus 6. Hence, without any second thoughts, please go ahead. The thing which requires your attention here is that the procedure will erase all the data present in your device; so make sure that you have taken a backup of entire contents before proceeding ahead.
Requirements to Unroot OnePlus 6 Smartphone
- Bootloader of your device must be unlocked.
- Android USB Drivers must be installed on your system.
- ADB & Fastboot must be installed on your system.
- Last, please make sure that your OnePlus 6 has a charging level of above 70%.
Method 1: Unroot OnePlus 6 With Stock Firmware & TWRP Custom Recovery
- If you are rooted OnePlus 6 user you will definitely have TWRP Custom Recovery installed on your device.
- First, please download the official stock Oxygen OS firmware ZIP file from the provided link. Transfer the same, once downloaded, to the internal memory of your smartphone.
- Next, switch off your device and press and hold the button combination of ‘Volume Up + Power‘ to enter into bootloader mode and select ‘Recovery’ from the list of options using the Volume Keys.
- Once you are in TWRP mode please select the option of Wipe and do a factory reset. Don’t miss this step. This is essential to have the stock Oxygen OS properly loaded onto your device.
- After this please select the option of Install from the TWRP menu and browse to the Oxygen OS ZIP File which you downloaded in the first step. Select it and swipe to confirm Flash.
- Once the flashing process is over, all you need to do is to tap on Reboot to restart your device into the stock OS.
- Congratulations! You have successfully unrooted your OnePlus 6.
Method 2: Unroot OnePlus 6 Using Fastboot Procedure
- You will be needing ADB & Fastboot files on your computer to undertake this procedure.
- Once you are done with the ADB & Fastboot installation, please download the OnePlus 6 Fastboot ROM.
- Next use the Volume Up & Power key together to enter into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your OnePlus 6 with your PC using a USB cable and just unzip the fastboot ROM ZIP file which you downloaded above on your PC.
- If you are using Windows PC/Laptop, you don’t need to do anything else apart from double clicking on the flash-all.bat file
- Please wait for the flashing process to start on your OnePlus 6. Once the process is done your phone will reboot automatically.
- If you are using MAC or Linux OS then you require changing the entire file permissions to 755 and run flash-all.sh.
Unroot OnePlus 6 using Fastboot ROM or TWRP Recovery & Flash Latest Stock Oxygen OS
That’s it! With this guide you will be easily able to unroot your OnePlus 6 smartphone. If you get stuck anywhere or have any questions to ask please feel free to put your issues and queries down in comments section below.
You may like to read these interesting posts:
- Enable Always-On Display on OnePlus 6 [Root Required].
- Transfer Apps & Data From Old Phone to OnePlus 6.