Over a month has already gone since the official release of Android 9.0 Pie on August 6. So, Android users have been anxiously waiting for the news of new firmware update on their devices. OEM manufacturers have started working on developing their own version of Android 9.0 Pie for their devices. OnePlus has even launched the beta versions of their Android 9.0 Pie based firmware. You can follow these posts to learn how to install Android Pie on OnePlus 6. Though aside from the flagships, others devices have yet to support Android Pie.
Still, with the release of beta Android Pie firmware by these manufacturers, doesn’t mean manufacturers like Samsung are left behind. Samsung is also under development of an Android Pie based firmware, dubbed Samsung Experience 10. Users of Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ can now upgrade their devices to Samsung Experience 10 firmware. Though the build is still in its testing stage, still it shows that Samsung is eagerly working on the build. In this post, we will tell you more about how to upgrade your Galaxy S9/S9+ devices to Samsung Experience 10. But first, learn more about Samsung Experience 10.
Huawei has also released a beta version of their Android 9.0 firmware. Check this post to know how to install Android 9.0 on Huawei P20.
Samsung Experience 10 on Galaxy S9/S9+
Samsung Experience 10 is the latest version of Samsung’s Experience line custom Android operating system for its Galaxy devices. Samsung Experience is the revamped version of the Samsung TouchWiz, with less bloatware and unnecessary features. Galaxy S7 was the first device with the Experience firmware, based on Android 7.0 Nougat and dubbed Experience 8.0. The most recent version was the Samsung Experience 9.5 that works on Android 8.1 Oreo. Samsung Experience 10 is the latest version, that is based on Android 9.0. It is still in its early development phase, a test build is available for download for Samsung S9/S9+ users. This is available for only Snapdragon variants of Galaxy S9/S9+. Exynos variant users have to wait for it to be available for them.
Samsung Experience 10 for Galaxy S9/S9+ | Features
In Experience 10, there has been the addition of a lot of new features aside from the features of Android Pie. Below is a list of new features in the Samsung Experience 10 as found in the test build:
- The built-in dark mode is now available.
- New recants screen and gesture support.
- A new interface for Stock Samsung apps like Samsung Dialer, Messages, Bixby, Mail, and
- The position of clock and date on the lock screen has been changed.
There will be other new features as well, though you need to find them yourself as the build is not fully tested. Though, as the build is still in its development phase, there may be many bugs and broken features on it. So, it is advised that you should think twice before downloading and installing this build on your device. But if you ready to take the risks, below we will tell you the procedure to upgrade Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ to Samsung Experience 10 firmware.
- First, make sure to take a backup of your device as this process will delete all data on your device internal storage.
- This method is only compatible with the Snapdragon variant of Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+, models -Samsung Galaxy S9 G960U and Samsung Galaxy S9+ G965U. DO NOT try this on any other device or the Exynos variant of Galaxy S9/S9+.
- You need to download Odin software on your PC.
- Install Samsung USB Drivers on the PC.
- You must have ADB and Fastboot tool on your PC. This post will help you learn how to install ADB and Fastboot tools on your PC.
- Download Android Oreo ARG8 firmware for S9 and S9+. This is necessary before you upgrade to Android 9.0.
- Android Pie firmware for S9 and S9+.
Latest news – Now, you can also root and install TWRP custom recovery on Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro 2018 edition and then install custom ROM or kernels on it.
How To Install Samsung Experience 10 firmware on Galaxy S9/S9 (Android Pie) [Steps]
1. First, download the Android Oreo ARG8 firmware file for Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ from the above links.
2. Extract the ZIP file on the computer and launch Odin on your computer.
3. Turn off your device and then boot into Download Mode by pressing the Power + Volume Down + Bixby button at the same time.
4. Connect your device to the computer via a USB cable. When Odin detects and recognizes your device, ID: COM port will turn blue and you will see an Added message under the Log tab.
5. Now, click on AP and select the particular file from the file extracted before. Similarly, select the corresponding files in CP, CSC, PIT, and BL buttons
6. Make sure to check Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time under the options tab. Check Re-partition if you also selected PIT file for flashing.
7. After that, click on Start button to flash the ARG8 firmware on your Galaxy S9/S9+ device. Now, you need to install the Experience 10 Android 9.0 Pie firmware on the device.
8. When the device reboots with the ARG8 firmware, copy the Android 9.0 Pie firmware file to the ADB and Fastboot folder. Open a Powershell Window by pressing SHIFT and right click and then selecting the corresponding option.
Note: You don’t need to perform the above steps if your device is already on ARG8 Android Oreo firmware.
9. Then, boot your device into recovery mode by pressing the Volume up + Bixby + Power button.
10. Connect your device to the computer using a USB cable and verify the connection using below command.
11. Go to the “Apply Update from ADB” option in the recovery mode and select it by pressing the Power button.
12. Enter below command in the adb window to sideload the firmware.
adb sideload update.zip
13. Finally, select the “Reboot system now’ option to reboot the device. This is the process to upgrade Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ to Android 9.0 Samsung Experience 10.
Conclusion: Install Samsung Experience 10 on Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+
Samsung is also developing their own custom Android 9.0 operating system with Samsung Experience 10 UI. But it will take some time before it is officially available and thanks to this XDA thread for this stuff . But as developers have released the Experience 10 firmware test build, you can install it on your device to experience the new Samsung Experience firmware. Here, we have given you a detailed guide on How to Upgrade Galaxy S9/S9+ to Android Pie Samsung Experience 10.
Other posts you might like –
- How To Boot Galaxy Note 9 into Recovery Mode and Download Mode.
- Download & Install Lineage OS 16 (Android Pie) on Redmi Note 4.