With the growing competition in the smartphone market, Samsung also released their own budget-friendly smartphone series, the J series. Samsung J Series smartphone has become very popular among people who want a decent budget-friendly smartphone but don’t want to move to Chinese manufacturers. Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro 2018 is the revamped version of the Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro smartphone, released somewhat in 2016. It is a 5-inch smartphone with an AMOLED display. It is powered by a 1.4 GHz processor and 1.5 GB of RAM. Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro 2018 also has an 8MP rear camera with a 5MP selfie shooter. So, it’s a decent smartphone for anyone with a low budget but doesn’t want Chinese products.
Though Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro 2018 is a good enough device as it is, you can increase its functionality by rooting it. Rooting gives a lot of options for users to customize their smartphone, which otherwise would have been impossible. Not only can you install custom ROMs and kernels, customize fonts and skins, but also uninstall bloatware apps. Moreover, rooting also boosts battery life and improve device performance and much more. Also, Check – How To Boot Galaxy Note 9 into Recovery Mode and Download Mode
But, as the saying goes – Every coin has two sides, rooting also has some risks associated with its benefits. If you root your Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro 2018, then you will lose the warranty on it. As it gives access to the depths of Android OS, you will be more vulnerable to malware and virus attacks. The biggest risk is that you might brick your device while rooting and make it completely useless. So, you should be careful as to not make any mistakes while rooting your device.
But even after knowing the risks of rooting, you still want to know how to root your Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro 2018, keep on reading. In this post, we will tell you how you can safely root your Samsung J2 Pro 2018. Since using TWRP is the easiest way to root a device, we will also tell you how to install TWRP on Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro 2018. Also, don’t forget to see our post –How to Root Galaxy Note 9 & Install TWRP Recovery
Prerequisites for Rooting Samsung Galaxy J2 PRO (2018)
So here are some pre requisites that you should follow up while rooting the latest Samsung Galaxy j2 (2018) version.
- Make sure that your device doesn’t have a locked bootloader.
- Activate OEM unlocking Developer options. If you can’t find the option, see how to Fix the missing OEM Unlock button on the Samsung Galaxy Devices
- You should have at least 70% battery left on your device.
- Back up your device data as rooting will format your device storage. You can find the best apps to backup your Android device here.
- A PC with ADB and Fastboot drivers.
- Download and Install latest Samsung USB drivers from Samsung mobile official website.
- Samsung ODIN software for PC.
- TWRP recovery for Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro 2018.
- Boot patch DM verity disabler file – no-verity-no-encrypt-5.1.
- Latest Magisk.
How To Install TWRP and Root Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro 2018 [Steps]
- First, you need to download all the above-mentioned files on your computer.
- Connect your device to computer using a USB cable and transfer the “no-verity-no-encrypt-5.1” Zip file and Magisk zip file to your device external SD card.
- Then, turn off the Galaxy J2 Pro 2018 and boot it into Download mode. Press Volume Down + Power + Home button at the same time to boot your device into Download mode.
4. Now, download the ODIN tool zip file from the above link and extract it.
5. Run Odin by double-clicking on the Odin.exe file and go to Options Disable Auto Reboot.
6. Now, click on AP button and select the Galaxy J2 Pro TWRP file and click Start button. It will begin flashing the TWRP recovery on the Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro.
7. Disconnect your device from the computer and press Volume Down + Power button simultaneously until the screen goes blank.
8. Then, press the Power + Volume Up + Home buttons simultaneously to boot into TWRP recovery.
9. TWRP recovery screen, swipe at the bottom to allows modifications.
10. Now, tap on Wipe > Format Data and press Yes to wipe all device data with a factory reset.
11. Go to the main menu and select Reboot > Recovery and the device will reboot into TWRP Recovery again.
12. After rebooting, tap on Install and select the Magisk zip file from the external SD card.
13. Swipe at the bottom to flash Magisk on your device.
14. Then, follow the same procedure to flash no-verity-no-encrypt-5.1 zip file and then reboot your device.
15. Once the device reboots, download and install Magisk Manager app on your device.
That’s it. Now you have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro 2018.
Conclusion: Root and Install TWRP on Samsung Galaxy j2 PRO
By rooting your Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro 2018, you can increase what you could do on your device. Installing Magisk using TWRP recovery is the easiest way to root your Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro(2018). Rooting has its share of benefits and cons, but if you still want to root your device nonetheless, in this post, we have given you a detailed guide on how to install TWRP recovery on Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro and root it. Follow the instructions carefully if you don’t want to brick your device. If you have any queries, leave them in the comment box below.
Other posts you might find interesting –
- Download GBWhatsApp APK v6.55 Latest Version On Android Device.
- Download & Install Lineage OS 16 (Android Pie) on Redmi Note 4.