Redmi Note 4 is one of the most popular budget devices that came in the market last year. Redmi Note 4 followed in its predecessor and quickly became best selling smartphones of the year 2017. Initially, launched with Android 6.0 Marshmallow, it managed to receive the update to Android 7.0 Nougat. Though it didn’t get Android 8 Oreo update and Xiaomi hasn’t made clear whether or not it will. As Redmi Note 4 is a pretty popular device in the Android community, developers were able to port Android Oreo for it. Now, the news is coming that the latest Android 9 Pie has successfully been ported for Redmi Note 4, which has made the users rejoice in happiness.
Android Pie is the 16th version and the 9th major update of Google’s Android OS. Following its announcement and developer preview release on March 7, 2018, finally, the full version became officially released on August 6, 2018. At the time, only a select few devices have got the Android Pie update, which includes Google’s Pixel, Pixel 2 and Essential Phone. Android Pie has a lot of new features, like gesture-based navigation, New Quick Settings UI, Redesigned volume slider, and others. Read More – How To Install MIUI 10 on Xiaomi Devices [Complete Tutorial]
Install Android Pie (9.0) Port on Redmi Note 4 / Redmi Note 4x
Though other devices have to wait for the official Android Pie update. But even still, XDA Senior Member abhishek987 managed to unofficially port Android Pie for Redmi Note 4. Aside from Redmi Note 4, Android Pie port is also available for Redmi 4 by hementac and Mi 3/Mi 4 by vanisheth. It has only been a week since the release of the official Android Pie, and the AOSP source code was updated a few hours later. Still Android Pie port is available for Redmi Note 4, which is very impressive. Moreover, the port seems to be pretty stable, though there are chances that bugs will be discovered sooner or later.
As of yet, the port seems to be working fine as there have been no reports of bugs. Moreover, the port seems to be perfect as all the features of Android 9 Pie are working on Redmi Note 4. Though Mi 3/Mi 4 users are unable to increase/decrease audio volume when using headphones due to a bug. But Redmi Note 4 users won’t face any bugs if they follow the port instructions properly. If you want to enjoy Android Pie on your Redmi Note 4, then below we will give the detailed procedure and read this guide on – How To Download and Install Android P Custom ROM [GUIDE].
Requirements for Android Pie on Redmi Note 4
- Install TWRP recovery on Redmi Note 4. Complete Guide given here.
- Download AOSP 9.0 ROM Redmi Note 4 ROM.
- Download Android Pie 9.0 GApps for Redmi Note 4.
- Backup your Device before proceeding.
- Sufficient battery level, about 40-50%.
- At least 2.0 GB of storage available.
Additionally, follow the tutorial to learn How to Root and Install TWRP on your Redmi Note 4/ Redmi Note 4x from this guide and Install some Best Custom ROMs for Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 [Complete Guide].
How to Download and Install Android Pie (9.0) on your Redmi Note 4 / 4x [Steps]
- First, download the AOSP 9.0 ROM and GApps for your Redmi Note 4 from the download links given above.
- Then, copy the files to your device’s internal storage.
- Now, reboot your device into TWRP recovery. First, turn off your Redmi Note 4. Then, press and hold Volume Down + power button simultaneously.
- In TWRP recovery, tap “Wipe” > Advanced Wipe > Select every option except Internal Storage and then Swipe to confirm wipe.
5. Go to the main recovery screen and then press Install. Select Android 9.0 Pie ROM Zip file, flash the ROM and reboot the device.
6. Again got to TWRP recovery and then tap on Install button. Choose GApps package and flash it.
7. After flashing is complete, again reboot your Redmi Note 4 and Android Pie is installed on your device.
Conclusion : Download and Install Android Pie (9.0) in Redmi Note 4
Android Pie is the latest Android operating system, officially launched over a week ago. Despite it being available for a few devices, it is available for Redmi Note 4, courtesy of developer abhishek987. Following the guide is given in this post, you can install Android Pie on your Redmi Note 4.
Other related posts –
- Download & Install Android Pie Developer Preview 3 [Beta 3] on Android Devices.
- How-To Download & Install Android P Beta on OnePlus 6 [Complete Guide].