How To Download and Install Android P Custom ROM [GUIDE]
Officially declared by Google in the first week of March 2018; Android P Operating System is the ninth and the latest in the list of versions of Android operating system. Before the launch of Project Treble it wasn’t possible for third-party Android phone makers like Essential, Sony, Nokia etc. weren’t eligible for the Android Beta testing program. However, Project Treble made it possible for these manufacturers to enable the users to carry out Beta testing on their devices and please check: Download & Install Android P Developer Preview 3 [Beta 3] on Android Devices.
Please note that there is no hope for Android P to get released before August; hence, as of now, if you want to download the official version of the same you require waiting for Google to release the source code. In this guide, we are going to share with you the process to install Android P Beta version on your Snapdragon powered Project Treble device. This beta version has been shared by XDA Developer Erfanoabdi and is constructed from Google Pixel XL Android P DP3 system image.
Install Android P Beta Custom ROM | Prerequisites
Before you go ahead with the installation of the Android P Custom ROM Beta you need to make sure that following requirements are ready:
- Bootloader of your Android device must be unlocked.
- A custom recovery, such as TWRP, must be installed on your Android device.
- Post installing the custom ROM you need to install Google Apps or GApps as well on your Android device.
- Please make sure that your Android device is running on Snapdragon processor and has complete Project Treble support.
Download & Install Android P Custom ROM | List of Supported Devices
According to the XDA Developer Erfanoabdi, the following devices are supported and compatible with the provided Android P Beta Custom ROM.
- Motorola Moto G5 (cedric)
- OnePlus 5 (cheeseburger)
- OnePlus 5T (dumpling)
- Lenovo P2 (kunato)
- Lenovo Zuk Z2 Plus (z2_plus)
- LG V30 (h930)
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ (Exynos) (starlte2) – highly unstable
- Xiaomi Redmi 3s/3x/Prime (land)
- Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime (markw)
- Xiaomi Mi 5 (gemini)
- Xiaomi Mi 6 (sagit)
- Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus (vince)
- Xiaomi Redmi 4A (rolex)
- Xiaomi Redmi 4x (santoni)
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (mido)
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro (whyred)
Please note that if you are in possession of a device from the above mentioned list and are unable to install the Android P Custom ROM then you require installing a ROM with unofficial Treble support prior to moving to the provided Android P Beta port.
Since this is an unofficial version bugs, errors, crashes are expected. Hence, please make sure that you take complete backup of your Android device prior to initiating the process to install the Android P Beta Custom ROM. Otherwise, you can wait for Google to release the official source code.
Download & Install Android P Custom ROM on Any Android Device [STEPS]
- You can download all the required files for this process from the following link.
- As a first, you need to reboot your device into TWRP Custom Recovery and flash the P-DP3-sGSI.img.zip file which is present in the list of files present in the link given in the first step.
- If you want detailed steps regarding booting into TWRP Custom Recovery and install a custom ROM you can follow our guide from here.
- Post flashing the above told ZIP file, please mount the vendor in TWRP and download the POST-sGSI_1, 2 & 3 files which are also present in the link provided in the first step.
- Now, you need to flash the above three downloaded files in the order 1, 2 & 3.
- That’s it! Just reboot your device and enjoy.
- Please note that if you experience a bug during in-call audio then you can download the file present in the following link and flash it using TWRP. The problem will be fixed.
- If you experience a bug in Google Account and Play Store then please download and install below file to fix the issue.
Install Android P Beta Custom ROM on Project Treble Supported Snapdragon Android Devices
So, these were the steps following which you can install Android P Custom ROM Beta on your Project Treble supported Snapdragon Android device. Please note that if you face any MTP issue then you can fix the same by enabling Developer Options and selecting ‘File Transfer’ from ‘Default USB Configuration.’ If you have any doubts in mind or face any other relative issue please let us know about it by mentioning the same in comments section below.
You may like to view the following posts:
- How-To Download & Install Android P Beta on OnePlus 6.
- How-To Install Android P Beta on Vivo X21 & Vivo X21 UD.