Finally, the much awaited, OnePlus 6 was launched by the company at an event held in London. Featuring a 6.28 inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2280 pixels the smartphone is a monster in terms of power. It comes with an Octa-Core, 2.8 GHz, Kryo 385 processor coupled with 8 GB of RAM. The shutterbugs have their own reason to rejoice as the smartphone features a rear camera with two sensors of 16 Megapixels and 20 Megapixels respectively. The front camera is a 16 Megapixel wonder. The smartphone doesn’t let the gamers go down as the device comes with an Adreno 630 Graphics Processing Unit.
Last, but not the least, the OnePlus 6 comes with Android 8.1 Oreo in the form of Oxygen OS. The phone is slated to hit the markets pretty soon. This post is dedicated to installing the upcoming Android P Beta Developer Preview 2 on OnePlus 6 smartphone. So, if you are interested in experiencing the latest Android operating system on your OnePlus 6; then you will find all the necessary steps for the same in this guide. Google has already announced that OnePlus 6 will be eligible to get the update for the new Android P Beta. Let us dig in, now, into the steps to install the developer preview 2 of the Android Beta OS on your OnePlus 6 smartphone.
Install Android P Beta on OnePlus 6 | Requirements
- Please make sure, before you begin with the process to get the new OS, you must take backup of all your precious data as installing new OS completely wipes away all the data.
- Also, your OnePlus 6 must be charged up to a battery level of 70-80%.
Please note that the steps mentioned in this guide and the files provided in the link are meant solely and exclusively for OnePlus 6 and shouldn’t be used for some other device. The same will result in complete malfunctioning of the other device.
Download & Install Android P Beta on OnePlus 6 [STEPS]
- As a first, please download Android P Beta Developer Preview 2 ZIP file for OnePlus 6.
- Once downloaded, please connect your OnePlus 6 smartphone to your PC/Laptop via USB.
- From the list of USB Connections coming up on your device; please select the ‘Transfer Files’ mode.
- Move the downloaded Android P Beta Developer Preview 2 ZIP file onto the root of your device’s internal storage. Please note that by root it means outside all the folders present in the internal storage.
- Once done, please navigate to Settings -> System Updates on the phone.
- You will find a ‘Gear‘ icon on the top-right. Please tap on it and select the option of ‘Local Upgrade.’
- Great! Now select the ROM ZIP file which you have placed earlier in the root directory of the internal storage.
- A pop up will emerge asking your confirmation for the update to be carried on. Please tap on the option of ‘Upgrade Now.‘
Android P Beta Developer Preview 2 OS for OnePlus 6
Now, the process of installation of the new OS will start and once done the OnePlus 6 will automatically reboot into the new operating system.
Please note that once your phone boots; you need to enter into stock recovery mode by holding the Power + Volume Up button together. Please navigate to Wipe Data -> Cache -> tap on Erase Everything, once in recovery mode. That’s it! Just reboot your device now and follow certain online instructions for some initial settings for the new OS and you’re done.
So, these were the steps to install the new Android P Beta on OnePlus 6. For any doubts, questions, queries or confusions please use the comments section provided below.
You may like to read the following posts:
- How-To Install Android P Beta on Vivo X21 & Vivo X21 UD [Complete Guide].
- How To Install Android P Beta on Google Pixel, Nokia, Xiaomi, Vivo and other Devices.