Rooting as well as installing custom ROM is one of the best applications through which you can easily enhance the working capacity of your Android devices. It is the best way to make your smartphone more capable of doing multiple things just within few clicks.
Rooting is a wonderful tool which enables your android devices to download and install various third-party applications to your device whereas installing custom ROM to your method allows you to reap the multiple benefits such as an improved battery, better performance, and updating of the latest versions of the Android application system. Rooting or installing custom ROM to your device may sometimes lead to data loss, therefore; just make sure to backup your entire data before undergoing these processes in order to prevent your useful data for future use.
Recently XDA developers have been released the perfect guide to root Huawei Honor View 10 without undergoing any data loss. Huawei Honor View 10 is one of the best smartphones in the market which really need to unlock its bootloader to root your device, and for this, you need to erase your data from your device. Whether you are rooting your device or planning to install custom ROM on your device the only thing that you should need to keep in mind is to create a successful backup to your device so as to save your data for the future use.
How to root in Honor View 10?
As you may be familiar to the fact that there is no official TWRP for Huawei Honor View 10 therefore if you are seeking to root your device you first need to flash a rooted boot.img on your phone. Just follow the step by step procedure for rooting your Honor View 10 device:
- Open your web browser and then make a search for the option of the boot.img file on your device.
- Download the boot.img file onto your Android device and then flash it by using the ADB file to your device by using the following procedure:
- Switch On your Android handset and then boot to fastboot by pressing the volume down and the power button at the same time.
- Use the command: fastboot flash ramdisk boot-root-b122.img to flash your device.
Once done successfully; reboot your device in order to avail the successful functioning your rooted handset. The only thing you require to keep in mind is that it will be rebooted twice which is a part of normal functioning.
You can easily flash your device using Magisk out of ease using a custom recovery. Read More: Install and Flash Magisk using Custom Recovery on your Android Device
How to install Custom ROM?
Prerequisites for installing Custom ROM
- Unlocked bootloader
- A fast internet connection
- Custom Recovery
- Android Device
- Custom ROM
Procedure for installing custom ROM
- Launch your web browser and make a search for getting the suitable ROM for your device.
- Once you get it, now download the .zip file of this on your device.
- Once done successfully download the related GApps onto your device.
- Now, save these ROM and GApps files to your memory card or internal storage or flash drive.
- Once you have successfully done with it, use your recovery combo buttons in order to boot into recovery. You can easily do it by holding the Volume down button continuously at least for five seconds.
- On the successful completion of the process; just continue the process and then select the “Install” button in order to start the installing process of the custom ROM to your device.
- Now, select the ROM file that you wanted to install and then proceed the process to flash your device.
- Once your installation process gets completed; back out and clear your cache memory.
The procedure we have provided you above is one of the most popular ways of flashing a ROM to your device. Here, we are going to provide you the list of various software which you can use for installing custom ROM to your device as each requires to have a different custom ROM for its further procedures.
Rooting and adding custom ROMs to your device is the perfect way to break down all the limitations of your Android handsets. It enhances it working capabilities and hence enables you to enjoy a lot of more features with your smartphone very easily. We have provided you the best ways of rooting your Honor View 10 and installing custom ROM to your device; which will surely help you a lot. All you need to have patience and a proper backup to your device in order to have secure access and to prevent the data loss for your device.
- How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages on Android Devices
- How to Install Gravity box All-In-One Xposed Module on Android Oreo (8.0/8.1)