More than downloading the applications from Google PlayStore, most of the show their interest towards apps available in the tech market which is out of the store. Usually, PlayStore will allow the users to download the applications at free of cost and payment. But the fact is most of the exciting games that are available only at payment method. So, this thing will straightly make you feel restricted from using the specific application or game that you wanted to install on your device. It is the main reason that the users of an Android move towards Apk filed apps to download. In this guide we will talk about rooting Pixel 2 and Pixel 2XL with easy steps to be followed.
If you are looking Apk apps to download on your device, then most of the apps required a rooted device. Once the rooting is completed, then you can easily download and install without making any difficulties. Also, people would expect the recovery application to restore the deleted images and photos. Most of the time, the application requires a rooted device, so people who all are searching the rooting process to be done in Google Pixel 2 and 2XL must know the steps to follow.
We all know that Google Pixel 2 was successfully launched in 2017 and garnered good response from users. When it comes to Google pixel 2, it has a fantastic display that powered by 2700mAh battery. If you are looking for a camera, then it has 8MP front and 12.2MP of rear camera with dual flash. Thus the device is majorly running the Android version of oreo 8.0.0. If you are a user of this method, then when coming to install recovery application, you need to root this device. For latest updates to bring in, the rooting process will help you to support at any time. Once your device is rooted, then it is easy for you to do a lot of customization stuff.
Benefits of TWRP installation
Make sure to know some of the benefits which are possible after TWRP recovery installation on Google pixel 2. Let’s check out!
- It will be flexible for the users to customize their Android device.
- It will become simple to flash zip files as well as ROMs.
- You can easily update your device from current version to latest update as well.
- Easy to root your Google pixel 2 device by using this recovery application.
Note: Once the TWRP recovery is installed, then the warranty will be voided on your phone and you can un-root your device to gain back the warranty.
The most amazing feature is that, Once you root your device you will be able to tweak your device into another level by Downloading Xposed FrameWork and Modules for Pixel 2.
Pre-requirements for TWRP Installation
- Check out whether the bootloader is unlocked.
- The given process will support only for Google Pixel 2
- Responsible will not be taken, and once the damage occurs during the installation process.
- Make sure to charge your device at least 70%
Root and Install TWRP on Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2XL with PC
Before installation process, you must be aware of the proper steps to follow. Hope the below steps will be helpful for all the people that who all are seeking for the rooting process.
- You must know that the rooting process will be mainly required the installed TWRP recovery on Google Pixel 2.
- To get enabled of USB debugging, the user should visit the setting and “About phone,” then it is essential for the user to tap into build number. This should continue until the user is able to visible “You are now a developer” on display screen.
- With developer option, the user can visit the settings then Developer options and Enable OEM to unlock along with USB debugging.
- Now, it is the time to Download TWRP recovery for the image.
- Make sure to connect your device to PC with the help of USB cable for further process and check out that the PC has installed USB driver for Google Pixel 2.
- Now, you need to Create a folder and name it as Fastboot and paste img of TWRP Recovery in the newly created folder “Fastboot.”
- Press left shift + right click to open the Command prompt window located in Fastboot. Now, choose Open command window here.
- Now, the user should boot the device into Fastboot mode further with the help of given command C: \adb>adb reboot bootloader
- By using this command, you can check the respective list of connected device.
- It is the time to use this command for TWRP Recovery.
- With the above process is done, TWRP recovery will be installed on your Google pixel 2
- Now type the command C: \adb>fastboot flash recovery.img to reboot your phone Fastboot Reboot.
- Finally, the installation process of TWRP recovery is completed.
There will be having a lot of un-wanted bloatware applications that’s pre-installed in your device and those applications will keep eating the device memory but once you successfully root your device, you will be able to uninstall every bloatware applications. Read More :How to uninstall Bloatware [Pre-installed] apps on android device
Root Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2XL without PC
- First, you require to Download the rooting package and follow further steps.
- Now, make sure to copy the downloaded zip file of the root into the memory card.
- It is the time for you to boot your device into TWRP recovery mode.
- If you are looking for booting in custom recovery mode, all you just need to hold power key and volume down button together.
- Once, the user in TWRP recovery mode, then release the holding buttons.
- Now, get ready for backup of OS which will help your recover back your OS, once if the process goes haywire.
- Make sure to click the install button, and you need to search for rooting zip file and proceed further to install on your Google Pixel 2 device.
- If the installation process is completed, you need to swipe the button and tap reboot system.
- Finally, rooting process is completed successfully without using PC.
If you are an owner of Google Pixel 2 device who is searching for TWRP recovery, then the above-given stuff will be used for the seekers to root. Hope the given process about rooting the device with and without pc will also be useful for all the users.