Expected to be launched on May 14, 2019, OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro are rumored to have a gaming ready screen with 90 Hz refresh rate and HDR 10+. The support for 5G is expected to be a part of OnePlus 7 Pro. However, if there will be a 5G variant, it might hit the shelves a little late since the network carries will require enabling 5G networks first. OnePlus is known to provide a good range of hardware & software specs present in costly smartphones at an affordable price.
If you are an advanced Android user, you might consider rooting your OnePlus 7 or OnePlus 7 Pro. If that is the case, then you are at the right post as we are going to share with you the complete set of steps for rooting OnePlus 7 and OnePlus Pro. By rooting your Android smartphone, you can acquire complete control over your device. Moreover, with the unbelievably great hardware specs of OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro, you can indeed push it to great limits with rooting. Not putting any more delay, let us begin with the steps.
We do not recommend proceeding with the process if you do not have complete and consummate knowledge of exactly what you will be doing. Prior to beginning with the steps to root OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro, please ensure that you take care of the following prerequisites.
- Install ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on your OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro. For USB Debugging, simply make your way to Settings -> About Phone -> Build Number -> Tap it 7 times to become a developer. Thereafter navigate to Settings -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging.
- Make sure that you have unlocked the bootloader of OnePlus 7/OnePlus Pro. If you don’t know how to unlock the bootloader of your OnePlus smartphone, click here to navigate to our post detailing the steps to do the same.
- Make sure that the battery percentage of your device is 80-85%.
- Don’t forget to take a complete backup of all the essential data present on your smartphone. You can check out the best applications that can aid and assist you in backing up the important data present on your smartphone.
Now, that you are aware of the essential prerequisites before rooting your OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro smartphone, you download the following items as well for performing the rooting process.
Install TWRP Custom Recovery OnePlus 7 Pro
- Connect your OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro device to PC using the USB Cable that came along your smartphone.
- Transfer all the downloaded files to your smartphone.
- Next, make your way to the folder where you have stored the TWRP Image File. Do a ‘Shift+Right Click‘ in the folder and select the option ‘Open Power Shell Window Here‘ from the menu that pops-up.
- Key in the following command to reboot your smartphone into bootloader mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Next, after your device reboots; in the command window, type in the following command and hit ‘Enter’.
fastboot boot <name of twrp image file>.img
- This will cause TWRP Recovery to install temporarily onto your device. The smartphone will reboot into recovery mode and you will see the TWRP Recovery right away. Please tap on ‘Keep Read Only‘ button now to not allow any kind of system modifications.
- Now, our next step is to install TWRP Recovery permanently. For that, press ‘Install‘ from the TWRP Menu and select the TWRP ZIP File that you have transferred already to your smartphone.
- After the installation is over, please reboot into recovery mode. For that, you require tapping on Home button, then on Reboot button, and thereafter hit the Recovery button to reboot your device into TWRP.
- Now, we are over with the process to install TWRP Recovery onto your OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro smartphone.
How To Root OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro
- For rooting your device, please tap on ‘Install‘ and select the Magisk ZIP File. In case, you don’t want to root, please go ahead and install the DM Verity Disabler file so as to prevent the device from boot looping when booting to Android after TWRP.
- Please reboot after the installation of Magisk is over. That’s it! You have rooted your OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro. If you want to verify root access you can download and install Root Checker application from Google Play Store.
Root & Install Custom Recovery on OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro
However, with OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro, the word ‘affordable‘ might not suit the company well since you require shelling out considerable bucks to get your hands on these. The disappointment with the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro is that the devices are not water-resistant. With an expensive price tag, the lack of water-resistance might not provide the manufacturer with the expected number in sales. These were the steps to root OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro. In case you have any questions to ask, you can always drop us a note in the comments section provided below. We will love to help you.