Custom recovery has provided the best solution in adding modifications to your Android Smartphone. TWRP recovery is a customized android recovery which enables the android users to enhance its working capabilities. If you are willing to uninstall TWRP and install Stock Recovery back; this article is going to provide you a perfect solution for you. At the same time, it is essential for the user to follow all the mentioned steps.
Hope the installing and uninstalling stock recovery on Android device stuff given here will be useful.At the same time, the users shouldn’t miss the steps at any cause to complete the process successfully.
Why should you remove TWRP Recovery and Install Stock Recovery?
Before going forward we first need to get the perfect answer to the above question. TWRP has served as an absolute blessing to Android devices with the wonderful embedded features. But there are some scenarios where the TWRP recovery does not work properly. We are going to provide you here some of the reasons why to uninstall TWRP and install Stock recovery back:
- If you are looking forward to selling your device; you need to go back to the stock back.
- If you need to provide an OTA update to your Android handset you need to have got back to stock recovery.
- You also need to have uninstalled TWRP and get back to stock recovery if you are willing to install Stock ROM or any Firmware to your device.
Here is the complete guide to install Xposed Framework and its modules on your android devices, Read More: Download and Install Official Xposed Framework on Android devices.
How-To Uninstall TWRP Custom Recovery and Restore Stock Recovery [STEPS]
It is a perfect solution for installing a recovery image just by connecting your android devices to bootloader/fastboot mode. All you need to do is:
- Go to your web browser and download the compatible stock Recovery.img file to your Android device.
- Establish ADB and Fastboot on your computer system.
- Once done allow your device to work for USB debugging. Just follow the step by step procedure given below in order to achieve it:
- Go to the Settings option of your device and move forward with the About portion.
- Now, tap seven times on Build Number option which enables the Developers option.
- Once done; now get back to the Settings option again. You will view the Developers options there. Just click on it to open it.
- Tick on the USB Debugging option to enable it.
- Once you have done with the above process; open the folder where you have saved the .img file.
- Now, open a command window inside the opened folder by pressing the Shift + Right Click on the empty white space and then choose the option of “Open Command Window here.
- Just connect your android devices to the computer system and then open the command Window just add the following commands step by step as mentioned below:
adb reboot bootloader
- It will ask you for permission to “Allow USB Debugging”. Press Ok to go continue with the process.
- The above process will enable your device to get boots into bootloader mode add the command given below in order to flash the TWRP recovery .img file:
fastboot flash recovery .img
- Now, just change the name of the recovery.img file as per your choice.
- The above process will successfully complete your recovery process; once its successfully done; add the following command to reboot your android handset.
Uninstall Custom Recovery & Restore Stock Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Devices [STEPS]
Flashing recovery of Samsung Galaxy Devices is somewhat different from than that of other handsets. You have to use Odin for flashing recovery in Samsung Galaxy handsets. Just follow the step by step procedure given below:
- Download Odin 3.10.6 on your android device.
- Unzip the downloaded Odin file and then run the Odin3 v3.10.6 exe file from the extracted files on your computer system.
- Ensure that you have downloaded Odin flashable recovery .tar file compatible with your device.
- Now, enable OEM to unlock if applicable:
- Go to the Settings option followed by About Phone and then press the Build Number option seven times which will further enable Developer Options.
- Get back to the Settings option and then scroll down to select the Developer options.
- Now, select the “Enable OEM unlock” checkbox and ensure to turn it ON.
- Once done with the above process; boot your device into the Download mode by just following the steps given below:
- Switch off your Android handset and then press and hold Home + Power + Volume down button all together for few seconds.
- You will receive a warning on your screen. Once viewed press the Volume Up button and allow boot into Download mode.Once your device has moved into the download mode; connect it to the computer system with the help of a dedicated USB cable. The Odin window of your PC will detect the device and you will receive a notification message showing “added!!” on your home screen.
- Now, press the Start button on Odin and wait for the process to get completed. The process will take a few seconds to get completed. Once it’s done; you will receive a message on your Odin screen.
- Your device will get automatically rebooted after the completion of Odin flashing.
- Once done; disconnect your device and enjoy working with stock recovery again.
Conclusion: Uninstall TWRP Recovery and Restore stock Recovery
TWRP recovery is one of the best options for those who have fed up with the inbuilt restore recovery of their Android handsets. It not only enhances the working capabilities of your smartphone but also improves its performance as well. In case if you are facing a problem with TWRP custom recovery and wanted to uninstall it and restore stock recovery; this article is going to help you a lot as you will get the best method to do the same.
Read the following Articles:
- What is CyanogenMod? How To Install CyanogenMod 13 ROM On Your Android Device.
- Install Custom Themes Using Substratum on Android Device Without Root.