[How To] Root Samsung Galaxy A70s & Unlock Bootloader
The latest entrant to the Galaxy A Series of smartphones is the Samsung Galaxy A70s that was released in September, 2019. Featuring a 6.7 inches Super AMOLED capacitance touch screen and a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels, the smartphone runs on Android Pie 9.0 deriving a beast of a power from Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 processor. The Galaxy A70s comes in two variants; 128 GB – 6 GB RAM & 128 GB – 8 GB RAM with a dedicated micro-SD card slot expandable up to 1 TB. We guess 1 TB will be more than enough for storing all your photos, music, and videos.
Check how to download Google Camera APK for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.
As far as shutterbugs are concerned, the triple camera at the back and a 32 MP front camera gives them plenty of a reason to rejoice. Reading the features above, you can understand that the Galaxy A70s is one helluva fast smartphone. However, if you wish to further accelerate the performance of the smartphone then you require installing a few tweaks that need root permissions. In this post, we are going to share with you the steps to unlock boot loader and root Samsung Galaxy A70s.
Before we proceed with the rooting part, you require taking care of certain prerequisites.
- Make sure your smartphone is charged up to 70-80%.
- Please take a complete backup of all the essential data of your smartphone.
- Download Odin Flash Tool on your PC/Laptop.
- Download the latest Samsung USB Drivers on your PC/Laptop.
- Please make sure you update your Galaxy A70s to the latest version and download the firmware for the same as well.
- Download the latest Magisk Manager APK from here.
- The bootloader of your Samsung Galaxy A70s must be unlocked. For those who don’t have their bootloaders unlocked; we have provided below the steps for the same.
How To Unlock Bootloader of Samsung Galaxy A70s
- Please launch Settings and navigate to About Phone -> Build Number.
- Tap consistently on the Build Number until you see a message stating that you are now a developer.
- Head back to Settings -> Developer Options and enable the option of OEM Unlocking.
- Switch off your smartphone. Press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down buttons and simultaneously connect your smartphone to the PC via the USB Cable.
- Don’t release the buttons until you see a Warning Screen. Once the warning screen comes up, release the Volume buttons and press the Volume Up button to enter into the ‘Download Mode.’
- In the ‘Download Mode‘ please long press the Volume Up button for unlocking the bootloader.
- Please note that unlocking bootloader will wipe all the data from your smartphone.
- Now, reboot your device and head back to the Developer Options. If required, please re-enable the Developer Options by following the steps mentioned initially.
- If you see that the ‘OEM Unlocking‘ option is grayed out, it means that you have successfully unlocked the bootloader of your Samsung Galaxy A70s smartphone.
Congratulations! The bootloader of your Galaxy A70s is unlocked now. Now, you can proceed for rooting. Please note that the TWRP is not available yet for this smartphone, hence, we will be using the patched AP file for rooting. We will update the post with the TWRP Method once the same becomes available.
Check out how to Fix Moisture Detected Error on Samsung Galaxy S7/S8/S9 & Note 9.
How To Root Samsung Galaxy A70s
- As a first, please transfer the Magisk Manager APK file to your smartphone and install the same.
- On your PC, please extract the firmware file that you have downloaded and copy AP.tar (AP_A707XXXU1ASIX_EXAMPLE_0000000_user_low_ship_MU LTI_CERT_meta_OS9.tar) to your smartphone’s internal storage.
- Next, please launch the Magisk Manager application and tap on Install -> Install.
- Under ‘Select Method‘ pop-up, please choose the option of ‘Select and Patch a file.’
- Browse and choose the AP.tar file that you have transferred to your smartphone’s internal storage. Please wait for the patching process to complete.
- Once the patching process is complete, you will have magisk_patched.tar file in the ‘Download‘ folder.
- From this folder, please copy the magisk_patched.tar file to your PC.
- Again, boot your phone into Download Mode and connect it to the PC while it is in Download Mode.
- Launch the Odin Tool.
- In Odin Tool go to the Options tab and uncheck the option of Auto Reboot.
- Tap on the AP button and select the magisk_patched.tar file.
- Under the BL button, you require selecting the BL File that will be present in the folder where you extracted the contents of the firmware.
- From these extracted contents you will get CSC and CP file as well.
- That’s it! Hit the Start button now. Wait for the success message to come up.
- Once you see the success message, for booting into the rooted system, please press and hold Volume Up + Power button. Release the buttons when you see the ‘Warning Screen‘ coming up.
- Congratulations! You have successfully booted into a rooted Samsung Galaxy A70s smartphone.
Unlock Bootloader & Root Galaxy A70s [Quick Guide]
Please note that whenever you switch off your device, you require using the Volume Up + Power button combination only to switch on your device. Also, you need to avoid using the ‘Restart‘ option. If anytime you wish to boot into a non-rooted system, please use the normal power up after switching off your smartphone. Let us know in the comments section provided below if you have any more questions to ask.
Please check out the following interesting posts as well:
- Check out How To Enter Recovery Mode on Samsung Galaxy S10.
- Check out How To Install Samsung One UI Beta on Supported Samsung Galaxy Devices.