LG, with its premium flagship smartphone, LG G7 ThinQ, is looking to reclaim its share in the relative market. LG G7 ThinQ, with its amazing hardware and software configuration, definitely, can grab a major share of the premium smartphone market. If you own a LG G7 ThinQ you can unlock the fantastic amount of power that the device has, by rooting it. Rooting is possible, as of now, only for the model G710EM (Global Version). If you are lucky enough to own the same model, you can proceed with rooting your LG G7 ThinQ with the aid of Magisk application. For your assistance we have highlighted the rooting steps in this guide.
If you are unsure and don’t possess the complete knowledge regarding the steps mentioned in this guide then we will advise you to refrain from rooting your premium smartphone. If any kind of hardware or software damage occurs we cannot be held responsible for the same. Also, don’t try the steps on any other model other than the one mentioned above. You might end up bricking your phone permanently.
Prerequisites to Rooting LG G7 ThinQ Smartphone
Some Requirements are needed in order to root LG G7 ThinQ quite easily as we briefed up in this guide. We have made a brief tutorial on the requirements below as if you are new to this, it will help you for sure.
- ADB & Fastboot must be installed on your PC.
- USB Debugging and OEM Unlock must be enabled on your smartphone. You can get both options by activating ‘Developer Options.’
- The bootloader of your LG G7 ThinQ must be unlocked. If your’s isn’t then you can do the same by following the steps mentioned in the Official bootloader unlock page of LG.
- Make sure that your smartphone is charged up to 70%.
Once your device encompasses the above mentioned prerequisites go ahead with the following steps to root your LG G7 ThinQ device.
Do see this must read article for MIUI users, Install MIUI 10 China Beta ROM in Redmi Note 4.
Unlock Bootloader & Root LG G7 ThinQ Smartphone [STEPS]
- As a first, please download the patched boot image file on your PC.
- If you want you can rename the file to g7-root.img because we will be requiring to use the name of the file later on.
- Now, navigate to the folder where the patched boot image file is stored and press Shift + Right Click in it. From the pop-up menu please select the option ‘Open Power Shell Window Here’ to open a command window pointing to the same folder.
- Please connect your LG G7 device to your PC and reboot to Fastboot mode. Also known as bootloader mode, you can do the same by keying in the following command in the command window.
adb reboot bootloader
- Once your device has successfully rebooted in bootloader mode, please use the following command to flash the patched boot image on your device. This will root your ThinQ smartphone.
fastboot flash boot_a g7-root.img
fastboot flash boot_b g7-root.img
- Once the flashing process is over, please restart your device by keying in the following command.
- Post successful restart please download and install the Latest Magisk Manager 5.7.0 Apk on your device.
- When installed successfully open the Magisk Manager application and it will show that your device has root access now.
Root LG G7 ThinQ using Patched Boot Image File & Magisk
So, these were the steps through which you can easily unlock bootloader as well as root your LG G7 ThinQ device. For any queries, questions or doubts, please use the comments section provided below.
Also check the following posts:
- How-To Root Huawei P20 Lite Using Magisk (ANE – LX1).
- How to Root Xiaomi Mi 8 SE and Install TWRP Recovery [Working Tutorial].