Play Station Portable was, indeed, enchanting and exciting in earlier days. However, the same cannot be said as true now due to the availability of top-class smartphones that allow us to play, almost, all the popular games in awesome graphics and gameplay. However, if you still wish to get your hands on a Play Station Portable, or PSP for short, you can experience the same feeling on your Android smartphone as well. Yes! It’s true! In fact, in this post, we are going to share the steps for the same. Read ahead to get to know the process to play PSP Games on your Android smartphone.
Interested in playing Game Boy Advance, GBA for short, games on your Android smartphone? Check out the 10 best GBA Emulators available for Android.
The amazing fact about this process is that you don’t require rooting your Android smartphone in order to enjoy PSP games on it. However, if your mobile specs lack a little bit, you might face the issue of lag in certain high-end games like God of War, Grand Theft Auto etc. Altogether, PSP games below 600 MB will run just fine on your Android smartphone. Now, coming to the software that makes this possible, it is an emulator named as PPSSPP, available for free on Google Play Store, developed by Henrik Rydgard. A premium version of the PPSSPP emulator is also available, however, the free one will do just fine.
PPSSPP Emulator for Running PSP Games on Android No Root
Before going ahead you must know that PPSSPP is one of the best PSP Emulator ever developed and is going strong in the relative market. The beauty of the emulator is that it will provide you with an HD gaming experience on your Android smartphone. Please note that you require having an ISO file of the PSP game which you want to play on your Android smartphone.
If you already have a PSP; you can easily create your own ISO file in the UMD disc. Instructions for the same are provided in the PPSSPP Emulator itself. Post creating the ISO file you need to transfer the same to your Android smartphone. However, if you don’t own a PSP there is, absolutely, no need to get disappointed as you can easily get all the popular games’ ISO files by searching for the same on Google. Moreover, if you are unable to get an ISO file, let us know about the same in the comments section and we will try to fetch the download URL of the same for you.
Get unlimited coins, ammunition, gems and other resources on your Android game. Download Game Killer APK now.
Use PPSSPP PSP Emulator to Play PSP Games on Android[STEPS]
- As a first, you require installing PPSSPP Emulator on your Android mobile. You can easily install the same from Google Play Store.
- You will also require a Z-Archiver application. The same is available on the Google Play Store as well.
- Now, download the ISO file of any PSP Game which you wish to play on your Android smartphone. Search for the same on the Google search engine. For most games, you will also get a PSP Data ZIP file along with the ISO file.
- Launch Z-Archiver tool and utilizing the ‘Extract Here’ option of the same please extract the contents from the PSP Data ZIP file. Transfer the contents to the internal memory of your Android smartphone in the folder PSP-> Game.
- Now, for the ISO file do the same. Thereafter, launch PPSSPP Emulator and browse to the location where you have extracted the ISO file utilizing the ‘Games’ option from the Menu bar of the emulator. Here, the executable of the game will be present and you simply require selecting the same to launch it.
- PSP Buttons will flash on the screen of your Android smartphone and touch for areas other than the buttons will get disabled.
- If you happen to look in the ‘Settings’ of the PPSSPP Emulator you will find many tweaks to enhance your gameplay. Enjoy!.
Method 2: PSP Games on Android No Root (Update)
- This method is pretty simple. All you require doing is downloading and installing PPSSPP Emulator from Google Play Store.
- Thereafter, search for the ISO file of the PSP game which you want to play from Google and download the same on your Android device.
- Launch PPSSPP Emulator and through the ‘Game’ menu option navigate and select the downloaded ISO file.
- Open it and the game will be launched by the PPSSPP Emulator on your Android phone. Enjoy!
Enjoy Play Station Portable Games on Without Root
So, these were the simple steps to enjoy PSP games on your Android smartphone without resorting to rooting your Android smartphone. It is worthy to mention over here that PPSSPP Emulator is completely trustworthy and you can safely utilize the services of the emulator. Please note that if you face any kind of issues in the process, let us know about the same in the comments section provided below. We are always happy to help you.
Please go through the following interesting posts as well:
- How to Hack Android Games Without Root[Best Game Hacking Apps].
- [How To] Stream Mobile Games from your Android Device to Youtube.