Samsung Galaxy S9 has acquired the honorable rank of being the first Samsung device to obtain Dolby sound processing technology. Amazing sound is delivered by speakers as well as headphones, when attached to the S9; all credit of which goes to the Dolby Atmos Sound. In this guide we will share with you the steps to port that Dolby Sound Mod from Samsung Galaxy S9 to your Galaxy S8 device. Credit of achieving this feat goes to the XDA Senior Member ImbaWind.
In the installation process detailed in this guide TWRP Recovery will be utilized to flash install Sound Alive on your S8 device. Sound Alive, which enables Dolby Atmos, is available, by default, in Galaxy S9. However, you must take care of the following prerequisites before initiating the installation process and Also check: Install Dolby Atmos on OnePlus 6 [Root Required].
Download and Install Dolby Atmos on Samsung Galaxy S8 [STEPS]
- First and foremost, you require to have a custom recovery like TWRP installed on your S8 so that you can flash install the Sound Alive Dolby Atmos ZIP file which is extracted from S9.
- Also, for Sound Alive to work, your Galaxy S8 must be rooted.
If your device is not rooted and neither has TWRP installed on it please check our guide to Root and install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S8.
Please download the below provided ZIP files which are required to activate Dolby Atmos on your S8.
Install and Activate Dolby Atmos on Galaxy S8
- Post downloading the above provided files, please connect your Galaxy S8 to your PC and transfer both files to the internal storage of your phone.
- Shut down your device and press and Hold Bixby, Volume Up and Power Button together to make your device reboot into recovery mode.
- Once the TWRP menu appears please select the ‘Install‘ button and select the Sound Alive ZIP file. Select ‘Add More ZIP Files‘ and choose the Dolby Installer ZIP as well. Swipe to confirm flash.
- Thereafter, don’t forget to tap on the ‘Wipe‘ option from the TWRP Recovery and select the ‘Cache/Dalvik‘ option so as to clean the ROM and to prevent any kind of boot loop issues.
- Great! Now tap on Reboot -> System.
Cool! Dolby Atmos Sound Mod is now installed on your Galaxy S8. Experience the revamped sound quality.
Download, Install & Activate Dolby Atmos Sound Mod on Samsung Galaxy S8
So, these were the steps through which you can install Dolby Atmos Sound Mod on your Samsung Galaxy S8 device, ported from Samsung Galaxy S9. In case you have any confusion regarding the installation steps, please let us know in comments section below and we will help you out.
Also, check the following posts:
- Install Resurrection Remix ROM on Galaxy S9/S9 Plus [Android 8.1 Oreo].
- Unroot Samsung Galaxy S9 / Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus [Official Firmware].