Xiaomi witnessed record-breaking sales of Redmi Note 5 Pro in 2018. In fact, it is still one of the best selling smartphones in the relative market. However, the only downside to the device is that it runs on Android 8.1 Oreo and hasn’t received the official Android 9.0 Pie update. Long back, news came out that Redmi Note 5 Pro will get Android 9.0 Pie in the first quarter of 2019, but, as of now, we are not witnessing any kind of public beta testing for the corresponding MIUI ROM.
Now, you can install Xiaomi Mi A2 Camera Port on Redmi Note 5 Pro. Check out the steps from here.
Lately, certain developers came forward and ported Android One ROM to Redmi Note 5 Pro from Mi A2. This Android One ROM, which is ported from Mi A2, is based on Android 9.0 (Pie) and runs on November 2018 security patch. Please note that though it is based on Android 9.0, Android One ROM provides a near stock-like experience with no bloatware hanging around. Therefore, you won’t get the same experience as using MIUI as the ROM isn’t packed with features. If you wish to install the Android One ROM on your Redmi Note 5 Pro, as a first, please go through the following requirements.
- Make sure you have the bootloader unlocked on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro. Check out the steps for the same from here.
- Download the latest Android One Port from here. Make sure you keep the same present on the SD Card of your device.
- Please note that you don’t require flashing Google Apps as they are present in the ROM itself.
- TWRP Recovery for your device – Please download from here.
- Please download Bypass Anti-Rollback from here.
- Make sure that you have ADB Software installed on your PC/Laptop.
- Make sure that you take a backup of the essential data present on your device.
- Your device needs to have a battery percentage of at least 80 before you start the process.
Flash Android One Port on Redmi Note 5 Pro [STEPS]
- Please reboot your device into Fastboot mode by long pressing Volume Down and Power button simultaneously.
- Next, connect your device to your PC/Laptop. On your PC, please navigate to the folder where you have downloaded the Bypass Anti-Rollback and TWRP Recovery ZIP File.
- Do a Shift+Right Click in the folder and from the pop-up menu that comes up, please select the option of ‘Open Command Window Here’ or ‘Open Power Shell Window Here.’
- A command prompt will come up pointing to the folder. Please type in and execute the command below given to make sure that your device is being detected by the system.
- If your phone is detected, please execute the following commands one after the other in the command prompt.
fastboot flash antirbpass anti-rollback_filename.zip
fastboot flash recovery redwolf_twrp_filename.zip
- Please reboot your phone into recovery mode by long pressing Volume Up and Power Button simultaneously.
- If your device asks for modifications, please slide towards the right to allow modifications.
- Now, clean up your device. Please select Wipe -> Advanced Wipe and check to mark the options of Dalvik/ART Cache, System, Data, and Cache. Swipe to perform the wipe.
- Go back to the main menu of the TWRP Recovery and tap on ‘Install.’ Select the Android One ROM File and swipe to flash the same on your Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- Tap on ‘Reboot‘ and your device will reboot with Android One ROM now.
- Please note that the first reboot might take a little time so be patient.
Conclusion – Get Android Pie 9.0 on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro with Android One Port
This was the entire process to upgrade Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro to Android Pie 9.0 by flashing the Android Pie based Android One Port of Xiaomi Mi A2 on it. If you have any questions to ask or face any kind of issues during the process, please let us know about the same in the comments section provided below.
Please go through the following interesting posts as well:
- Enable 4K UHD Video Recording on Redmi Note 5 Pro [Tutorial].
- Download and Install Lineage OS ROM for Redmi Note 5/Redmi Note 5 PRO.