Do you own a Huawei/Honor smartphone and are looking to flash official firmware ZIP files on it? If your answer is ‘Yes’ then you are at the right post. Developed by Senior XDA Developer zxz0o0, the HuRUpdater tool can make a lot of tasks easier for you. Tasks like flashing official firmware, detect if firmware locks bootloader, and whether firmware wipes the data can be performed in a jiffy using the HuRUpdater tool. In this post, we are going to share with you the process to flash Huawei firmware using HuRUpdater tool.
Check how to enable AR Effects on your Huawei / Honor Phone.
Now, that you have a clear introduction on the tool, let us proceed towards the steps to process to flash Huawei firmware using the same.
Flash Huawei Firmware Using HuRUpdater Tool – Prerequisites
Please take care of the following prerequisites before using the tool:
- The bootloader of your device must be unlocked.
- TWRP Recovery must be installed on your device.
- You must possess the firmware of the device.
Check how to Root Huawei P20 Pro and Install TWRP Custom Recovery.
However, before you proceed any further, you must know the devices that are supported by the HuRUpdater tool. Following is the list for the same.
- Honor 9
- Honor View 10
- Huawei P9 Lite
- P10 Lite
- Huawei P9
- Huawei P Smart
- Mate 9
- Huawei Mate 10
- Mate 10 Lite
- Huawei P20
- Honor 8
- Huawei P8 Lite (2017)
- Honor 7X
- Honor 6X
- Huawei Nova 2i
Flash Huawei Firmware Using HuRUpdater Tool [STEPS]
- Download latest version of HuRUpdater Tool on your PC from here.
- Please make sure that you are in possession of all the firmware files: update.zip, update_all_hw.zip, and the update_data_public.zip files.
- Connect your Huawei device to your PC via USB Cable.
- On your Huawei device, create a new folder titled as HuRu Updater and move all the firmware files as well as HuRUpdater Tool ZIP file that you downloaded in the first step to the folder.
- We recommend keeping TWRP Image file also in the same folder if you wish that after flashing the firmware, TWRP Recovery remains installed on your device.
- Next, please reboot your device into recovery mode by pressing Volume Up + Power button together.
- From the TWRP menu, select Install and navigate to the HuRu Updater folder that you created above.
- Select the HuRUpdater ZIP file placed in the folder and swipe to confirm flash.
- Please wait for the flashing process to complete.
- After the completion of the process, tap on ‘Reboot Device‘ to restart your Huawei device.
- That’s it! You have successfully installed Huawei Firmware on your Huawei device.
HuRUpdater Tool to Flash Official Huawei Firmware
That was all regarding the process to utilize HuRUpdater Tool to flash official Huawei Firmware. In case you have queries in your mind or you get stuck somewhere in the process, please reach out to us via the comments section provided below. We will be happy to assist you.
Check the following interesting posts as well:
- Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP and Root Honor Play.
- Debloat Your Huawei or Honor Phone by Uninstalling System Apps [No Root].