It’s been usually thought that hiding apps in an Android phone are one of the challenging tasks that can’t be done without rooting. Well, if you think this then you have been stereotyping this until now. We will shortly introduce you with best of the best methods which can help you in hiding applications in your Android phone without even rooting it. We have saved you from getting into the laborious task of rooting which is really messy and involves good technical knowledge.
There are certain apps which can’t be shown to family members and friends, therefore, you prefer hiding these applications. There are many apps, which claims to help you in hiding your secret apps but they are spams. To help you from being fooled by those spam apps, we have brought in front of you few of the highly rated apps which helps you hiding your apps in easy ways. Do check out our complete guide on Best Way to Root Android Phone Without PC & Computer[Step by Step Guide].
- 1 Steps to Hide Apps Without Root
- 1.1 Method 1. With the help of Go Launcher[Hide Apps No Root]
- 1.2 Method 2: With the help of Private me app[Hide Android Apps]
- 1.3 Method 3: With the help of Apex Launcher[Hide Apps Without Root]
- 1.4 Method 4: Rename and change icons to hide Android apps
Steps to Hide Apps Without Root
There are four methods listed down which can hide your apps without rooting your Android apps. You can hide as many application as you want, without rooting it. The methods which are listed down below are the result of efforts and time.
Method 1. With the help of Go Launcher[Hide Apps No Root]
- The first step is to download Go launcher and then install it in your android device from play store or from this link.
- Now go to Settings on your Android device and look for apps while scrolling down.
- Tap on apps once and then tap again on default apps.
- After downloading Go Launcher, you will find in the list of Defaults and hit on Go Launcher.
5. Now you have to tap on Go Launcher to select it and then save the setting.
6. You have to navigate back to your home and then click on the menu.
7. On the menu, you would see three dots aligned parallel to each other and tap on it.
8. While you click the dots parallel to each other, you will see a drop-down list. Now tap on Hide App.
9. Now you have to draw a pattern of your choice. Then to confirm, draw again the same pattern.
9. You can select the apps on your Android device, which you want to hide by clicking on them. You can also put the selected apps in the drive also.
10. You can also unhide the apps if you want to by clicking on them again. You have to draw the lock pattern and tap on the icon of +. Then deselect the files you have selected and then click on the options of unhide apps.
Method 2: With the help of Private me app[Hide Android Apps]
- The first step is to download Private me app from play store or from this link.
- Once it gets installed, open it on your Android device.
- You have to tap on the + icon, which you will find on the top right corner of the page.
4. Now you have to select the apps which you want to hide, by clicking on them. All the apps will be get hidden in a private space of Private me app. Now you can also uninstall the app because anyhow the clone copies of the app will get stored in the app.
5. If you want to use the apps which you have hidden. You can go to Private me app and view your hidden applications anytime.
Method 3: With the help of Apex Launcher[Hide Apps Without Root]
- The first step is to download and install Apex Launcher from play store or from this link.
- Now go to the Settings of your Android device and tap on apps.
- Tap on defaults apps.
- After tapping on defaults apps, tap on Launcher.
- Now click on Apex Launcher to select it and save it.
- Navigate back to home screen and tap on the settings of Apex Launcher.
- Tap on Drawer settings.
8. Inside Drawer settings, tap on hidden apps.
9. Select the apps that you want to hide. After selecting the apps, save it. Now all your apps will get hidden.
10. If you want to unhide the apps that you have hidden in the app, then you have to go to the app, unselect the selected hidden apps and save the setting again. This way all the hidden apps will get reflected on the Android screen.
Method 4: Rename and change icons to hide Android apps
This is one of the easiest to hide apps without rooting your Android device. All you have to do is to change the existing name to some other name. This method doesn’t require any external application. While altering the name of the existing apps, don’t forget the new names, otherwise, it will be really troublesome to recognize the apps.
- The first step is to download and install APK Edit file on Android device.
- You can edit the name of the files which you want to hide by entering the new names and then tap on Apply. This way you can hide the apps with new names.
You can also drop your precious and useful comments and queries in the comment box given below. We will try our best to get back to you with best solutions suiting your confusion or queries in the least possible time.
Conclusion: Hide Apps Without Rooting on Android Mobiles/Tablets
The above four mentioned methods to hide the applications in one’s android phone with the help of apps like Go Launcher, Private me, Apex launcher and by changing the existing apps’ name and icon are few of the best simplest methods. By following these methods, you can hide the applications which you want on your Android phone, without anyone’s help. You can hide the apps using these methods anywhere and anytime, in very less time.
- How to Root and Install TWRP on Lenovo K8 Mobiles/Tablets[Complete Guide].
- How To Root and Install Custom Recovery on Redmi Note 4/4x.