Fix Android Oreo 8.1 Multi Touch Issue (Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Essential Phone): If you are a part of one of the growing list of persons which are facing Multi-Touch issue on their Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL or Essential Phone, then you are at the right place. This guide will provide you a solution to fix the multi-touch issue being faced on Android Oreo 8.1 on Pixel phones. Please note that the provided solution is only effective on rooted devices.
We are going to use a Magisk Module to fix the issue. In this problem when the users tried to touch two areas of their screen and move one of their fingers the touch event will become topsy-turvy, erratic or irregular. Though, Google has issued two commits for this issue but the latest commits weren’t present in the April 2018 security patch. In view of this Freak07, a senior member of XDA, compiled a build (custom ROM) known as Dirty Unicorns which includes the two commits done by Google to fix this very issue of multi-touch.
Fix Multi-Touch Issue (Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL & Essential Phone) Android Oreo 8.1
For helping out similar users like him Freak07 created a Magisk Module so as to enable Magisk users to get this issue fixed on their device. Hence, please note that for this fix to work your Google Pixel Device must be rooted using Magisk. You can follow our guide from here.
Also, it it highly recommended to take a backup of all the essential data on your device. Now, let us see the steps through which you can get this multi-touch issue fixed once and for all.
Steps to Fix Android Oreo 8.1 Multi-Touch Issue (Google Pixel 2/ Pixel 2 XL & Essential Phone)
- As a first, you need to download the following Magisk Module: Multi_Touch_Fix_8.1_P.zip
- It is recommended that you keep the downloaded ZIP file in your phone’s storage itself.
- Now, since you have rooted your Google Pixel 2/ Pixel XL Device using Magisk; it must contain ‘Magisk Manager’ application.
- Please navigate to the application drawer over your device and launch ‘Magisk Manager’ application. A three line Menu option will be present. Please click on it and select ‘Modules’ from the subsequent menu that pops out.
- Cool! Now you can press the ‘+’ icon for the addition of a new module. Please browse to the location where you kept the ZIP file downloaded in the very first step.
- Select the ZIP file and press on ‘Open’ from the Browse window.
- Now the installation of this Magisk Module will start and post successful installation you are required to hit the ‘Reboot’ button.
- That’s it! The multi-touch issue would have been fixed by now.
Here is the best way to tweak your android device using Xposed Modules. Read More: Download and Install Official Xposed Framework on Android 8.0 and 8.1.
It is highly unlikely that the fix will be released by Google as of now. Hence, people who are using rooted devices can employ this Magisk Module to get the issue fixed. As far as non-rooted people are concerned, they have got no other option than waiting for the official fix to be released by Google in the form of an over-the-air update.
So, guys, if you have any questions to ask you are most welcome to do so. Please drop your questions and queries in the comments section below.
You may like to read the following posts:
- Install Android Oreo 8.1 on Exynos Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
- Download & Install MIUI 9.5 Stable ROM on any Xiaomi Device.