If you own Samsung Galaxy S7/S8/S9 or Note 9, you must be knowing that the manufacturer has rated these smartphones to be IP68 Water Resistant. However, this doesn’t mean that your device is waterproof. There is a difference between ‘Being Water Resistant’ and ‘Being Water Proof.’ While water proof means there is no scope of water entering your device, water resistant means that your device can only resist water to a certain extent and if, by any chance, you cross the limit, water will still enter your device. Therefore, if a small amount of water enters into the charging port of your Galaxy S7/S8/S9 or Note 9, you will get the notorious ‘Moisture Has Been Detected…..’ error.
Did you know that the stable Android Pie update is finally here for Galaxy S9/S9+? Click here to know more.
IP68 certification here means that Samsung Galaxy S7/S8/S9 or Note 9 devices can handle water pressure up to 1.5 meters for a duration of 60 minutes. Hence, it is understandable here that IP68 certifications prevents a device from getting damaged through accidental exposure to water which is a huge relief. However, deliberately exposing your device to water may result in water related damage and you might end up losing the warranty on your device as well. In this post, we are going to share with you certain tips that can help you steer clear of the ‘Moisture Has Been Detected…..’ error on your Galaxy S7/S8/S9 & Note 9 device.
- 1 Fix Moisture Detected in Charging Port Error [Galaxy S7/S8/S9 & Note 9]
- 1.0.1 Tip 1: Use a Tissue Paper to Absorb All Moisture
- 1.0.2 Tip 2: Blow Dry Air into the Charging Port
- 1.0.3 Tip 3: Look for physical damage to the Charging Port
- 1.0.4 Tip 4: Clean the cable/charger
- 1.0.5 Tip 5: Check the device for liquid damage
- 1.0.6 Tip 6: Bypass the ‘Moisture Detected…’ Error
- 1.0.7 Tip 7: Charge in Safe Mode
- 1.0.8 Tip 8: Reset your device
- 1.1 Fix Moisture Detected Error on Galaxy S7/S8/S9 & Note 9
Fix Moisture Detected in Charging Port Error [Galaxy S7/S8/S9 & Note 9]
For some of us the error might come and go away. However, if the error is persistent for you, please follow the below steps to get rid of the ‘Moisture Detected in Charging Port….’ error.
Tip 1: Use a Tissue Paper to Absorb All Moisture
Please utilize a tissue paper and insert the same into the charging port. Please let it stay there for a while. The tissue paper will absorb all the moisture. If you want you can repeat the process again.
Tip 2: Blow Dry Air into the Charging Port
Apart from water, there could be any other elements that might be blocking the connectors to establish a connection with the charging cable. Hence, blowing dry air into the charging port could solve this issue.
Tip 3: Look for physical damage to the Charging Port
If you see that pins inside the charging port are damaged, then immediately take your device to an authorized service center. Don’t take any action from your side.
Tip 4: Clean the cable/charger
Sometimes the moisture exist on the charging cable itself. Please check out for the same and utilize a tissue paper to get rid of the same.
Tip 5: Check the device for liquid damage
Your device comes equipped with a Liquid Damage Indicator. In order to check the same please remove the SIM Card Tray and look for a small sticker around the SIM Card slot. If the sticker is white in color there is no liquid damage. However, if the color is not white, it indicates liquid damage to your device. In such case, please take the device to a service center rather than trying to fix the issue yourself.
Tip 6: Bypass the ‘Moisture Detected…’ Error
Please do this only if you are sure that there is no liquid damage to your device. Under this, please connect your device to the charger. When you receive the error, reboot your device with the charger still connected. Once you reboot the device will start charging normally.
Tip 7: Charge in Safe Mode
The feature which pops up the ‘Moisture Detected….’ error doesn’t work in Safe Mode. In order to reboot in Safe Mode follow the below steps:
- Power off your device.
- Press and hold the power key to turn on your device.
- When the ‘Samsung Logo‘ comes up, immediately release the power button and press the Volume Down key.
- Continue to hold the Volume Down key until your device reboots fully.
- This will boot up your device in Safe Mode.
Tip 8: Reset your device
If you are sure that there is no liquid damage to your device, you can reset your device to get rid of the error. Follow the below steps to reset your device.
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up + Bixby button and then press the Power Button.
- After the appearance of green Android Logo, release all the keys.
- Recovery options will come up now.
- Please use the volume keys to highlight the ‘Wipe Data/Factory Reset‘ option.
- Press the power key to choose the same.
- Utilize the Volume key to provide your confirmation for the same.
- After the process is done, please reboot your device.
Fix Moisture Detected Error on Galaxy S7/S8/S9 & Note 9
These were the various tips and tricks that can help you in getting rid of the moisture detected error on Samsung Galaxy S7/S8/S9 and Note 9. If you have any other working way in mind, please do let our readers know about the same in the comments section provided below. You are free to put forward your doubts, questions and queries.
Check the following interesting posts as well:
- How To Take Screenshots on Samsung Galaxy Note 9 [Tutorial].
- How To Restart the Galaxy Note 9 when the device is not responding [Guide].