Fix Delayed Gmail Notifications on Oxygen OS
If you are using a OnePlus smartphone, you must be aware of the issue of delayed Gmail notifications on Oxygen OS. Oxygen OS, though considered to be the best Android skin, has a flaw of delayed notifications due to its exceedingly aggressive battery optimization programming. Though we can turn off battery optimization for individual apps, the fix doesn’t seem to be working for Gmail. You can consider this a bug in the Oxygen OS.
Check out the steps to Install Oxygen OS 5.1.8 Update on OnePlus 6.
Fix Delayed Gmail Notifications on Oxygen OS [STEPS]
Since, a fix for the same may not be coming soon, till then, you can utilize the method provided in this post to fix the issue of delayed Gmail notifications on Oxygen OS.
- Your first step is to launch Magisk Manager on your rooted OnePlus smartphone.
- Please navigate to Menu > Downloads.
- Using the ‘Search’ icon in the ‘Downloads‘ section, please conduct a search for ‘OxygenOS Gmail Battery Fix.’
- Click on the ‘Download‘ icon next to the search result.
- Tap on ‘Install‘ on the pop-up that comes up next.
- Once the flashing is complete, please hit the red colored reboot button.
After the reboot, you will start receiving Gmail notifications almost instantly as soon as you receive a mail.
Delayed Gmail Notifications on OnePlus [Fix]
These were the simple steps to fix the issue of delayed Gmail notifications on your OnePlus smartphone. For further questions or inquiries, please utilize the comments section provided below.
Check out the following interesting posts as well:
- Install Lineage OS 16 on OnePlus 6 [Android Pie].
- Customize Alert Slider on One Plus Devices Using Xposed Module.