Unknown callers are, indeed, annoying as well as disturbing. Sometimes, these unknown callers can turn out to be harassing as well. So, what is your best option in such cases? Well! Most of the times you choose to ignore the call. But, what if the unknown caller keeps on calling after every other day? In this case, ignoring the call is not an option at all. The best way, in this situation, is to block the number. Blocking will take care of the unknown caller once and for all.
Are you looking to install Android P Emojis and Fonts on your Android phone running on prior Android OS versions? You can, certainly, do that. Check the steps from here.
If you are unaware of the ways to block unwanted callers then there is no problem at all as you are on the right post. In this post, we are going to share with you the top five ways to block an unknown number for Android. After going through this post, you will be able to easily block all the unwanted callers. Let us start then.
- 1 How to Block Calls from Unknown Numbers in Android Device – 5 Methods
- 1.1 Method 1 : Call Blocking by Calling your Service Provider
- 1.2 Method 2 -> Manually Block Unwanted Numbers on your Android Phone
- 1.3 Method 3 : Taking Help of Call Blocking Applications
- 1.4 Method 4 : Joining the National Do Not Call Registry
- 1.5 Method 5 : Utilize the ‘Send All Calls to Voicemail” Feature on your Android Device
- 1.6 Working Ways to Block an Unwanted Caller from Calling or Texting You on your Android Device
How to Block Calls from Unknown Numbers in Android Device – 5 Methods
Please note that you can also block text messages from unknown numbers and scammers as well. The more we utilize our smartphones, more likely we will get calls from marketing and promotional companies and scammers. These are, undoubtedly, extremely annoying and disturbing. Fortunately, you can block these selected incoming numbers. Following are the 5 ways to block unwanted callers on Android smartphone.
Method 1 : Call Blocking by Calling your Service Provider
Almost, all the major service providers have call blocking services for their users. It may work differently for different providers. So, in order to learn more, you can call on your cell phone provider’s customer support number. They will, indeed, guide you for the process to block unwanted callers. Please note that your cell phone provider might provide a chat or an email service as well. So, go ahead, contact your service provider and check the things out.
Method 2 -> Manually Block Unwanted Numbers on your Android Phone
Please note that this method only works for Android OS 6.0 and above. In order to manually block an unwanted caller please follow the below steps on your Android device.
- Open the ‘Phone Application‘ on your Android device.
- Please make your way to your Call History.
- Here, simply tap on the number that you wish to block.
- Thereafter, you will be able to locate an option of ‘Block/Report Spam.’
- Simply, tap on that option and you are done.
- You will never get a call from the same number again until you decide to unblock the same.
In order to unblock numbers, you require navigating to ‘More‘ option under the ‘Phone Application.’ Here, please tap on ‘Settings’ and then tap on ‘Blocked Numbers.’ Now you can simply look through the blocked numbers to locate the number that you want to unblock. On locating the number, simply press the ‘Clear‘ option next to it and then tap on ‘Unblock‘ option.
Please note that some Android devices might have the ‘Call Blocking’ option present under ‘Settings’ either as an independent option or under the banner of ‘Calls.’
Did you know that now you can get Google Pixel 3 Flip to Shhh feature on any Android device? Check the steps here.
Method 3 : Taking Help of Call Blocking Applications
Under this method, we are going to take the help of certain Android Apps which are available on the Google Play Store for blocking unwanted calls. Following are some of the top-rated Android Apps that can be used for the purpose.
It is pretty easy to use application. All you need to do is add the number to the blacklist and the Call Blocker application will take care of the same. You will never have to face any call from the same number again until you remove the number from the blacklist.
This application is pretty fantastic. It not only blocks calls but also blocks text messages. So, if you are getting unwanted text messages from any number then you can utilize the services of this application to block the same.
Hiya – Caller ID & Block
Hiya application, apart from blocking the unwanted caller, also sends you spam alerts and states as to what call and texts you should be fine with receiving. Please note that you can block texts as well from unwanted numbers through this application.
Apart from blocking unwanted calls, you can also make calls utilizing this application.
Method 4 : Joining the National Do Not Call Registry
If you join the National Do Not Call Registry then telemarketers won’t be able to ring you as you have legally notified that you don’t want to receive calls from them. Please note that this won’t block all the unwanted calls but, you will be able to, indeed, block some of them.
In order to join National Do Not Call Registry please click here.
Method 5 : Utilize the ‘Send All Calls to Voicemail” Feature on your Android Device
Please note that this method will only work when the number has already called you. Once the number has called you and you don’t want to get a call from the same number again, please follow the below steps:
- Please save the number and create a contact for the same.
- Once you save the contact, under the same hit the ‘Pencil‘ button to edit and thereafter tap the menu icon with three dots. You can locate the option ‘All Calls to Voicemail.’ Simply check mark this option.
- That’s it! All the calls from this number will get redirected to voicemail and they won’t bother you at all.
Working Ways to Block an Unwanted Caller from Calling or Texting You on your Android Device
So, these were the five working methods through which you can block any unwanted number from calling or texting you. Hence, no more annoying and disturbing calls. If you know of any other method to block unwanted numbers, which is not mentioned in this guide, please let us know about the same in the comments section provided below and we will make the same a part of our post.
Check the following interesting posts as well:
- Download & Install Google Play Store App on Huawei Chinese Phones.
- Best iOS Emulators for Android to Run iOS Apps on Android[Download].