10 Best GBA Emulators for Android to Play GBA Games on Android [Best List]
When we hear about GBA or Game Boy Advanced, it, certainly, triggers a lot of childhood memories and we often get nostalgic thinking about them. Playing cool games on Game Boy console used to be an essential part of our daily routine and we have often received a thrashing too from our parents to keep the console aside for some minutes. However, keeping it away was the most difficult part as it was highly addictive. In this post we will share with you the information regarding best GBA Emulators for Android which will enable you to relive your childhood experience and revisit that mesmerizing addiction on your Android smartphone.
Android, being an open source OS, has got tons of GBA Emulators available. But, not all deliver the expected performance. Saving you from the hassle of trying each GBA Emulator, this post has already done the task for you and listed best GBA Emulators for Android that delivers an excellent performance. In this article we are going to show you the Top 10 best GBA Emulators for Android devices.
- 1 Best GBA (Game Boy Advance) Emulators for Android
- 1.1 Best GBA Emulators for Android – Best Game Boy Advance Emulators
Best GBA (Game Boy Advance) Emulators for Android
GBA.emu – Most Powerful GBA Emulator
Boasting of tons of features; GBA.emu is, probably, one of the best GBA Emulators out there in the relative market. Following are some of the cool features and advantages of this emulator.
- Supports Quick Save so you don’t have to worry about losing your progress.
- Cheat codes can be used effectively.
- Even hardware controls can be configured to be utilized with this emulator.
- The game can be benchmarked at a certain point and thereafter resumed from that point only.
However, the only con that discourages GBA enthusiasts from using it is that it is not free and is available as a paid version only.
The name might sound funny and peculiar but John GBA is no less than GBA.emu. Following are the major features and the advantages of using John GBA.
- Original GBA engine is used; therefore, you get to enjoy an original Game Boy experience on your Android mobile.
- On-screen controls are conveniently placed which makes gameplay fun and easy.
- Gameplay can even be slowed down and also made to speed up.
- The major advantage of this emulator is that the free version doesn’t run any advertisements and the paid version costs a mere $2.99.
- Cloud backup is added to the emulator and in the emulator works offline in its entirety.
- The emulator plays zipped games without needing any extraction.
If we speak about cons; the only thing is that it takes time for beginners to understand the features and functionality of the emulator.
The name might sound quite lovable and cute, but this amazing GBA emulator has got all the power that you need. Following are certain features and advantages of My Boy.
- WiFi & Bluetooth are utilized effectively by the emulator to develop superior compatibility with a link cable.
- Hardware control is provided to the users.
- Cheat codes can be used effectively in the games.
- It supports a multitude of mobile devices.
- For increasing the performance of the game; this emulator is capable of using your device’s hardware.
Speaking of cons; none has been reported so far except that its paid and costs $4.99.
- Trick of the Day: How To Increase FPS in PUBG Mobile with GFX Tool for Android [60 FPS].
GBA Emulator – Simple But Effective
This emulator is pretty simple but it runs your GBA games with utmost ease. No special features are added but it, definitely, has certain major advantages:
- Controls can be customized.
- Physical controller can be used along with.
- The game can be fast forwarded as well.
However, the thing that acts as a major discouragement is that it contains advertisements which are enough to ruin a beautiful gaming experience.
MyGBA – Modified GameBoid
MyGBA is an altered and modified version of the popular project GameBoid which is open source in nature. The popularity of this emulator exceeds some of the best GBA emulators due to the following advantages:
- Games can be fast-forwarded.
- Hugh-game compatibility is present.
- Cheat codes can be used effectively.
- It even has got controller support.
- It is available for free.
This emulator is really loved and no con whatsoever has been reported so far from it.
Emulator for GBA 2
This is again a simple GBA emulator which will solve a general purpose of allowing users to play GBA games on their Android mobile. However, it does offer certain advantages:
- Cable link is supported.
- Cheat codes can be utilized.
- The game can be saved at any point and then loaded from the same point.
- Multiple devices are supported and is available for free.
- The emulator is extremely simple to use.
True! This emulator does have certain features of advanced emulators but since it runs advertisements it can, definitely, get annoying sometimes.
Available on Play Store for free the VinaBoy Advance emulator utilizes libretto development interface for its functionality. This makes it highly compatible with a multitude of devices as compared to other individually coded emulators. Let us see some of its advantages.
- It doesn’t include any sort of advertisements.
- Constant updates make the emulator up-to-date at all points of time.
emu for GBA
This GBA emulator is not really popular but it does offer certain advantages that make it worthy to download:
- A large number of games are supported so be assured that the game which you like will, definitely, run on this emulator.
- There is no lag while playing a game and the speed is quite fast and effective.
- Also, no sound lag is present while playing your favorite game.
- You can even customize game controls and playback layout.
You can download this emulator for free from Play Store.
Must check article: How to Install APK OBB+ Data Files on Android Devices[Step by Step].
My OldBoy : Best GBA Emulator to Play Games With It
Though it’s not a GBA Emulator but it can play the entire set of GBA games effectively. Designed by the same company who created My Boy; this can be said as an updated version of it. It has got some cool advantages:
- Cheat codes are supported.
- Fast and slow; both playback speeds are supported.
- It also boasts of a hardware controller.
Although its features make it worthy of a price of $3 but that might prove to be a discouragement for many.
Best GBA Emulators for Android – Best Game Boy Advance Emulators
It can be said, without any hesitation, that the emulators are developing at a fast pace, especially for mobile. With time it is certain that more emulators can be added to the above list. According to various developers, they are working to add more features which will make the gameplay on an emulator as close as possible to play the same game on the respective gadget. So these are the 10 best GBA Emulators that are available in the market, just follow and keep updated.
- How to Hack Android Games Without Root[Best Game Hacking Apps].
- How to Hide Apps on Android Without Root [4 Best Ways] 2018.